Starting to look for a good deal on an older motor home.

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Pls PM if you hear of a good deal on a decent motor home. Trip out West coming up and fishing this summer

CaptainMusky

Do you want gas or diesel? I have no leads for you but thought that might be a good thing to add to the thread.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What do you consider older and a good deal? Lots of them posted often on Facebook marketplace here in the St. Cloud area.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

New to motor homes, I heard gas engines are popular. Under 70,000 miles. Still has some life left.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

There is a 2003 Winnebago sightseer on facebook market place with 85,000 miles on a Ford Triton V-18 gas engine. Its listed at 22,500. I believe it is located in Foley. I’d keep a Eye on facebook market place. They have a ton of them on there all the time

Denny O
    Central IOWA

New to motor homes, I heard gas engines are popular. Under 70,000 miles. Still has some life left.

You need to be more informative about your parameters!
    Length,
    Layout,
    Chassy,
    Gas/Diesel,
    Tip-outs,
    Price range
    Millage,
    Year +/-,
    I could keep going!
    Damage??
    Want more questions??

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would recommend doing some more research. 70,000 miles on some gas motors would be end of their life or need a rebuild. All depends on what motor and year. Do a lot of research. You don’t want a money pit.
    I was once told the two best days of owning a motor home are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
    Best of luck. toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I would recommend doing some more research. 70,000 miles on some gas motors would be end of their life or need a rebuild. All depends on what motor and year. Do a lot of research. You don’t want a money pit.
    I was once told the two best days of owning a motor home are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
    Best of luck. toast

Isn’t that a boat doah

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

That can be said about anything EP.Boats,RV’s,Atv\Utv’s,Ex-Wives.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

rotflol

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I appreciate them and will use them to better define my search. It’s also been suggested a 5th wheel that could also pull my boat. But that means a new truck.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Touche! rotflol

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have you considered renting one first? They aren’t cheap to rent, but a heckuva lot cheaper than buying something you don’t end up liking.

big_g
    Isle, MN

THIS ONE

Attachments:
    1. MOTORHOME.jpg

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Have you considered renting one first? They aren’t cheap to rent, but a heckuva lot cheaper than buying something you don’t end up liking.

I rented for my 50th birthday to have a trip around Lake Superior. While the trip was great, I learned that I would never own one. Unlike a travel trailer, you can’t just unhook and run out for something.

CaptainMusky

Unlike a travel trailer, you can’t just unhook and run out for something.

Couldnt you just drive the motorhome? I dont see why not. Definitely not ideal, but I dont see that as a barrier.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

I rented for my 50th birthday to have a trip around Lake Superior. While the trip was great, I learned that I would never own one. Unlike a travel trailer, you can’t just unhook and run out for something.

That’s what His & Her Mopeds are for !!!! rotflol

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

THIS ONE

That looks like a pretty decent rig. Plus it appears to have a Ford V10, which are almost bulletproof.

MX1825

EPG said

Isn’t that a boat doah
    [/quote]

Motorhome = Land Yacht whistling

tlc954
    Chippewa Falls, WI

If you’re still in the market, I just found out that my buddy is selling his 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 30B. it’s in very good shape as he takes very good care of it, and everything works on/in it. It has less than 60K miles on it and his asking price is $20K. If you’re interested, PM me and I’ll give you his contact info.

jwellsy

I prefer the ones with a drivers door.

Brad Dimond

If you are interested in purchasing and keeping a rig, look south. Lots of Motor homes purchased during the pandemic by people looking to travel and head to warm states that have discovered it’s not the life they envisioned. A buddy picked one up in Atlanta and drove it back to Wisconsin for 25% less than he could find it in the five state area.

Sylvanboat

My wife and I have owned RVs for several decades. We have taken care of them but they wear out. Materials used are not the best. Reduced weight trumps pretty much everything else. If you cannot afford a new one, I would not buy one that is more than a couple years old. Even if it was owned by a little old lady who only camped a couple of weeks each year. Good luck.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.