Stand up top for Skeeter MX 2025 or 2040

• Musky Ed

Does anyone have, or has anyone seen a stand up top for this boat? It looks like it would have to be custom made. If anyone has one with a picture and info, I would really appreciate seeing it.

David Blais

Go on the canvas craft website. I don’t see any skeeters. But there is some warriors

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Canvass craft has done several for our customers! They build to spec for each customer. Customer satisfaction has been excellent.

Musky Ed

Thanks for the info. Looked on there site, and they have some pictures that are pretty much like what I was looking for. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. My salesman had mentioned a place in Mn, awhile back, when I was first thinking about it, I’m sure this is the same place. I’ve been in a friend of mines boat, trolling on LOW a few times this summer, and it was really nice having some shade. I never thought this was something that I would ever be interested in, but after spending a week trolling in the hot sun, and having some shade in his boat with it, I really grew to like it for this type of fishing.

Dean Marshall

I agree Ed, it seems as I get older, full days in the sun and no breeze seems to take it’s toll on me. Old guy syndrome I guess.

Not to get the cart ahead of the horse, I have been working with a simple prototype Bimini top as the Guinea pig on both the Warrior 208 and the WX2190. It shows promise but still needs some tweaking before I can recommend it to anyone. If you happen to ever be in the Ramsey area, I would be happy to show it to you.

I’m in no way near ready to promote or sell it quite yet. For now, Canvass craft is and will be a excellent choice.

marksjigs

Ed
    I have used canvas craft and they do outstanding work.
    On my 2014 skeeter2060 I had lakes area canvas in forest lake mn make my Bimini and they did a great job. They also made the travel cover for this boat. Why lakes area and not canvas craft you ask? Closer to home I live in Wyoming mn 5 miles verses 40. They will build to your specs.
    good luck!

Ryan Feddersen

Dean,
    Do you have any pics of the bimini top? I have a 2190 and have been looking for one for a while.

Dean Marshall

I do not Ryan, as the custom tops are all different built to specific customer requests.

Here is the Dowco one I have been trying though,

https://www.dowcomarine.com/fishini-top

so far, I really like it for simplicity and primarily, sun protection

Musky Ed

Went to the SBC open house yesterday, and had a fantastic time. While there, had a chance to look at the Bimini top they had on the new Solera 205, and low and behold it was just what I was looking for. Got a tape measure and looks to me as it would pretty much match up with a slightly different mounting of the rear post, or if they flex inward an inch ea, would work the way it was. They are checking to see if they can get a price for me. Also got to see the new WX2060 and was really impressed in the changes from last year, especially the front deck layout and functionality. Great job as always by the folks at SBC.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.