action?

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Muskies doing anything out there lately. Been awhile since I’ve heard anything.

shaley
    Milford IA

8 caught in Sundays tourney on Spirit. 48,49 took top honors. Not a hot bite but they are there if you work for them.

dan03rev
    ALGONA, IOWA

what depth of water were the fish in ? .. section of lake pressured the most ?

shaley
    Milford IA

Ours came from a weedbed 9-12′ couple caught trolling the basin so they can be anywhere.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

are the fish following and not eating or just being difficult in general? Probably gonna be fishing there next week. Hopefully the action will heat up by then. what about other fish bass biting? Panfish I would assume deep weeds, bass too? Eyes doing anything?

shaley
    Milford IA

I can’t answer about the rest I only muskie fish now till ice up.

dan03rev
    ALGONA, IOWA

was on Spirit yesterday .. trolled south and east edges of lake .. no hits .. went up to anglers bay .. made a few drift passes starting in 16fow to 6fow .. one pike on a small Rap perch pattern ..

shaley
    Milford IA

I saw a few eyes caught over the weeds Sunday, guy looked to be throwing an X Rap. If I was targeting eyes now I would be leadcore trolling the basin with #5 Raps… We also picked up a slot eye on a suick over the weeds. I’ll be on Spirit over the weekend, mainly evenings chasing the crafy Esox….

owen nelson
    Iowa

I went for perch on Wed. It was a little slow.Fished from 7 tell 12 and got 20 nice ones 20FOW. same spot as last winter.

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

Fished Sunday 7pm till dark caught 6 eyes. 2 were slot fish and 4 perch. Pulled night crawler harness and leach on north shore in 15-20 FOW. Monday morning caught 3 in the same area and made a move to the west shore. Caught 4 nice slot walleyes and 3 unders along with some big perch in front of buffalo run area. The slot on this lake has made it a great fishery for walleyes!

SLDUCK

On July 3 I boated a 29 inch walleye off Big Stoney. Couple years ago on July 3 I caught a 28 inch walleye off of Pikes Point. July 3rd seem to be my big fish day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.