thank god!!!!

• rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Well thought id post my story from last night. Went out to the stand about 4:30..at about 6:45 i saw 4 to five deer running around in a small clearing about 70 yrds from my stand. They were running back and forth all over the place. I had a small 6 pointer that wasnt a shooter and the rest apeared to be does..I turned “the can” upside down once and the biggest doe started grunting and came right at me. Good deal i thought..the problem was she wasnt on the trail..so I waited till I thought she was in the clear set my 20yrd pin just a bit high and pulled the trigger. The arrow niked a branch and i heard it hit the deer. Waited about 30 minutes got down and found the arrow with good blood but a little intestine matter. I got a little worried so I decided to wait till this morning to track her as i wasnt sure where the arrow hit. The problem was we had about 15 minutes of hard rain last night so i couldnt sleep thinkin about the deer. The forcast was clear as well. Went to another stand at about 5:30 this morning and at about 9:00 i went to where i shot the deer last night..ground was wet so made it hard to track..stopped ..looked around and about 75-100 yrds from my stand there she was..thank God i thought to my self, theres no worse feeling then loosing a deer..thats two deer for meat so far this year now its time to get something for the wall…good luck to all..time for backstrap on the grill

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.