SUMO-SMALLMOUTH

• elheldt
    N E Iowa

Spirit Lake Ia. 6-22-06.Had another very satisfying day on this lake yesterdy.Fishing with brother George, trolling w/3wayrigged w/spinner/minnow, caught the largest smallmouth I have been fortunate to see. Measured 21 1/4 inches.Got pictures with my new camera which IDA helped pick out, and waiting till tuesday for a computer geek to help me download and upload and will then post pic’s. This fish was released and both it and I are telling our familys about the encounter. Also caught 4 other smallies, 8 largemouth and 4 walleyes. All of the fish were successfully released. Thanks for listening~~~~Gene

shaley
    Milford IA

Congrats sounds like a nice one.Eyes have been on a full bite last few weeks there limits come fairly easy. Most the smallies we have gotten there recently are not near that caliber, since shes still there I’ll be hoping for it on the end of my line someday.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

cant wait to see pics nice report

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Thats a nice fish no matter where you are. Can you Spirit Lake regulars give me some pointers on walleye/smallie fishing up there? My wifes family takes a long weekend the middle of July to Okoboji, and this year I get to take the boat. Like I said, mainly intersted in walleyes, but Ive never fished smallies in a lake before and it sounds fun as well.
    Thanks

shaley
    Milford IA

Nick give me a shout when times close I’ll let you know whats going on. Walleyes are normaly easier on Spirit, but then again thats where I normaly fish, cant stand the traffic on West unless I’m muskie fishing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry I took so long…I didn’t see them in my in box!

I just changed the resolution to 72 from 230 and changed the longest side to 8 inches from 1.44 inches…

WHAT A PIG!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

another

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

On the tape

shaley
    Milford IA

Great Smallie. Any clue on weight?? 4.5 ?? 5 ??

elheldt
    N E Iowa

We were putting it between 5 and 6. Thanks…Gene

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Congrats on the very nice smallie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.