soldSony SS TL-1 Tower Speakers

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Mrs. Grouse has declared that all vintage audio equipment not in current use must go. Sniff….

For Sale: Vintage late 1980s Sony SS TL-1 bass reflex tower speakers.

The TL (Tower Linear) speaker lineup was Sony’s top of the line bass reflex speaker when the line was introduced. I purchased these in either late 1989 or early 1990. This was when Sony was absolutely at the top of their game and the quality is like nothing you could get today. Only Audio King (remember them?) and other primo outlets carried this Sony line.

The sound from these speakers did–and still does–blow me away. Harness these babies to a vintage tube amp or high-end modern amp/receiver combo and the TLs respond with beautiful, tight, accurate bass and soaring highs. The design puts the sound right at ear level where you want it, and the minimalist design still looks great while taking up only 1 square foot of floor space per speaker.

The bass reflex ports fill the room with a sound that seems to come from nowhere and everywhere all at once. Try Dire Straits live 1988 version of Brothers in Arms and the thunder noises from that track seem to come from all around you. Beautiful.

These speakers have been in storage for over 10 years and it’s time to let someone enjoy them. I wanted to have a listening room at some point and I was saving them for that, but it’s not going to happen so my loss. Cosmetically they are a 9 out of 10 or better, no condition issues whatsoever. They have never been abused or defiled with rap or other trash.

$125 for the pair to any IDO member. You should drive away really fast after buying these because this is a steal for vintage Sony quality.

These go on Craigslist on Saturday, so if you want to rock that man cave like never before, get yourself over here.

Located in Maplewood, MN, just north of the 3M Main Campus off of 94 and Century Avenue. PM with questions or for a time to come and get them.

Grouse

Attachments:
    1. 20181205_102844.jpg

2. 20181205_102816.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Those didn’t last long. Now sold pending pick up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sony SS TL-1 Tower Speakers’ is closed to new replies.