Thanks Matt.

• camodm
    Wisconsin

A Big Thanks for your Business goes out to Matt from Rochesters Walleye Searchers for his business on a Skeeter WX1950. We here at the Skeeter Boat Center enjoyed working with you and say thanks again Matt.

jhalfen

I thought that was a great looking boat the first time I saw it. Congrats Matt, enjoy your Skeeter WX1950!

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Awesome ride!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Looks like LOTS of room for landing big cats and sturgeon in there!!

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

Thanks guys! The group at Skeeter Boat Center was fantastic to work with all the way from the test drive to the purchase. Great people and awesome service!

The boat is loaded up and ready to head out tomorrow morning. Wasn’t a short task as I kept having to chase my 5 year old daughter out of the front storage locker. She kept referring to it as her “room” on the boat .

Looking forward to getting it out tomorrow. I’ll stop back in the evening and give a report.

BK, I’ll take your word on the cats and sturgeon !

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Sweet ride Matt! Congrats!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

That will make a guy DROOL. Sweeeeet looking ride! What is hanging on the back? HPDI or 4- stroke?

FDR

KirtH
    Lakeville

You got rid of the Lund for a sparkly boat

Dont let BK catch you with that thing you will be taged as a bass fisherman right BK ? oh yah BK I have your bass right here

Nice looking boat BTW

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Congrats & enjoy!

mule170
    Bemidji

Congrats on the awesome new boat. It will be great to prefish for the Flw league out of that boat. Skeeter makes a great boat, awesome fit and finish. Dean when do you get your new boat?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Do I get a ride when I can walk again!?!

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

Got the chance to do a little fishing out of the new boat on Sunday. We started the day trolling cranks and I was immediately struck by the tracking on this boat. It tracks very well in the current and is easily manuevered with the T8. I found myself forgetting it was almost 20′ long.

I also liked the fact that with all the storage and the built in coolers, the deck and cockpit weren’t cluttered. The cooler in the step kept ice & lunch cold all day long and I had the whole deck clear up front for landing fish when we were dragging jigs. Looking forward to spending a little more time out there with it.

Erick- You’re on. I think you’d be a big fan of the storage in this boat. There’s plenty of room in the front compartments to securely store boxes of cranks .

Kirt- It was bad enough watching BK picture it as a cat rig when we launched, but a certain partner slimed it up on Sunday with a big kitty.

Eyetroller- It’s an HPDI on the back. Having the last 2 boats with fourstrokes this is a big change, but so far I’m very impressed with the HPDI.

See you guys out there,

Matt

Dean Marshall

Good to hear the maiden voyage went good for the “B” team . Interesting to here your comments on the tracking, that is the first thing I noticed fishing as well out of the boat.

Have you been rehearsing the pre-launch checklist?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Uh oh do we have newbie ramp story to tell come on what happened, plug, straps etc….. does BK have to give you lessons

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

Quote:

Uh oh do we have newbie ramp story to tell come on what happened, plug, straps etc….. does BK have to give you lessons

All of the above maybe next time he launches Dean should charge admission

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

Nope, no stories here. Just double checking the safety systems on the boat .

Flotation…… check
    Auto bilge pump… check

I also got a chance to verify the temperature on the big Humminbird as I had my arm down in the water close to the temp sensor for a while. Good to know everything works as it should!

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Nope, no stories here. Just double checking the safety systems on the boat .

Flotation…… check
    Auto bilge pump… check

I also got a chance to verify the temperature on the big Humminbird as I had my arm down in the water close to the temp sensor for a while. Good to know everything works as it should!

Convincing…..
    Good to know the safety transom straps worked too.

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

Hang on now…. the straps were off. I would never forget that kind of thing . Your source may have forgotten that detail as we was still trying to figure out where his rain gear was at. BTW, is there still a green bag sitting out front on the picnic table ?

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

Quote:

Hang on now…. the straps were off. I would never forget that kind of thing . Your source may have forgotten that detail as we was still trying to figure out where his rain gear was at. BTW, is there still a green bag sitting out front on the picnic table ?

To get the story straight the only reason I left the rain gear on the picnic table was because I was back removing the transom straps and transom saver that the boat operator had somehow forgotten is his haste to get the boat in the water.

Dean Marshall

I am starting to get the impression that there were some actual ramp jocularity that took place,not just safety checks.
    hmmmmm

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have to admit, I was getting concerned as you were drifting out of sight in the fog…

But when your partner told me you were going to use the whole boat for a live well…I figured you had it under control.

You looked at home in your Skeeter!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

And here I thought maybe Matt was using the back staps to secure himself in the boat so he would fall out. [this story gets better with each post, don’t stop now] Sharp looking boat Matt.

Thanks, Bill

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.