What Prop are you running on WX 2190?

• brentbullets

Just like it says and how is it performing?

With the Yamaha Salt water series 21T-15 that it came with I was able to get 5800 rpms and 59 mph with 2 big people and loaded with gear.

Put my PowerTech OFS4 21 pitch on this weekend to try it because family was going to be along. With 2 bigger people I could only get 5400 rpms and about 55.5 mph. The hole shot was better.

I am just wondering what you maybe running and how it is performing for you?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

We have been sending them out with the 21p turbo 1. I have heard a few reports of the 21 pro series working well also.
    As for performance it all depends on your load. We are getting 5900 to 6000 rpm with the turbo 1 and roughly 58mph.

mriv777

I tried the 21p turbo 1 this past weekend and felt like the prop was cavitating or losing grip. I noticed that this prop has vent holes to allow better hole shot. Are you plugging these holes or leaving them open and have you had any problem with cavitation?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

When did you feel the prop was cavitating or losing grip? I have ran the turbo 1 for 2 seasons on my 2190 and also ran it on my 2100. All around its been a great prop. Are you running a jackplate? If so more then likely need to adjust depending on the prop. Some props will give better bow lift allowing you to run the jackplate higher at WOT.

If you are seeing 58-59mph out of the saltwater series that’s better then most.

mriv777

I am running a jackplat. I noticed the cavitating or losing grip at take off and a 15-25mph in heavy waves. My old saltwater never felt like it lost grip. This prop felt like it would spin and then catch grip with every wave. Not sure I am describing it correctly.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Really shocked you feel like its slipping on the holeshot. The Turbo 1 has been a rocket out of the hole for people. I have heard of a few guys say it blows out in really rough water going into them/powering up a wave compared to the salt water series. My set up was I moved my motor to the top holes on jackplate(lowered) and in the rough stuff I ran jackplate at 0 and trim usually all the way down.

Tony Kammeyer

We ran a 20 salt on lake of the woods and millacs, loose mile or two per hour but lot better lift and blows out way less then 21 turbo hole shot better too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.