Dock Bumper Marks

• jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

Looking for advise… I have a MX1825 that is just over a year old and I have a few white marks on the side of the boat from bumping into dock side bumper strips over the last year. What do you recommend for removal/clean-up?

I obviously could just ignore, but it bothers me… and I am not fishing this weekend and want to make “perfect”.

SBC has been nothing but unbelievable to deal with, but it is the weekend and I don’t want to bother the SBC Team.

Thanks – Rudy

robby
    Quad Cities

The great crowd here at IDO solved this one for me when I asked the same question a couple months ago. Lacquer thinner. Available at any hardware store. Just pour some on a rag and wipe. That simple.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

can you take some pictures of the marks that you are descibing? if you do use this laquer can you post the pictures after?

thanks
    Dan

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

Thanks Robby!!

After seeing your reply and knowing I didn’t have thinner at home, I tried a touch of gas on a rag before running to the hardware store. WORKED GREAT!

Thanks – Rudy

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

Sorry DanK – Didn’t see your post until the boat was mark free. The marks I was talking about were like plastic scuff marks that were on top of the glass finish.

If I get another one, I will shoot it your way.

Just as an FYI on my prior Alumicraft, I had several of them plastered all over the side. Only if I asked earlier!!

Thanks IDO!!

Rudy

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

Watch using gasoline in open air,it can ignite from anything from static electicity to pilot lights. Very dangerous.
    Many years ago my father decided to wash some dirty gloves in the HOUSE. Fumes were ignited from a cookstove pilot and he got quite a burn plus nearly burned down the house.
    BE CAREFUL THERE……

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Make sure you put a fresh coat of wax on it afterwards Jeff. Thinner and gas removes the wax also.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

For the hard to remove marks from the bow stop of the trailer go to a auto parts store. They make a wheel that attaches to your drill for removing car pinstripes. It’s like the old erasers you had in elementary school. Anyway, it will clean up any scuffs on the finish.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.