sizing on striker ice suits

• Bruce Keister

Looking at ordering a striker predator ice suit, I’ve tried the bibs on and know what size I need which is 2x, but I couldn’t try the jacket on, I usually get a 2x in jackets for some room, I’ve tried on ice armour jackets and they seem to run big.can anyone tell me if the striker ice jackets run big or small Thanks

milemark_714

I read that the sizing is very close to what is stated.Wearing minimal undergarments.In your case,2x should fit fine.I am looking at the Hardwater suit,and found out the sizes are true.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I wear a large in pretty much everything and the suits were the same, large in the bibs and jacket!

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Bruce, I just picked up the Predator jacket and bibs last week. I thought I was all set on sizing as well since I was ordering online, but given I was going to spend that kind of money, I stopped in to the nearest dealer I could find by my home and tried on what I thought was going to be too big. Turned out it was too small. I usually wear a 2X in jackets and upper body wear, but I ended going with the 4X (wanted a little extra room since I wear a hoodie) and a 3X on the bib, which is a little big but oh well. The dealer himself told me that the Striker sizing is a little “goofy.” For what it’s worth, get to a dealer and try some on. My two cents.

AlbinoPike
    SE MN

I’d recommend trying to find a dealer too. I ordered an xl (I checked the size chart) online, and it’s too big. I’m not disappointed, it’s an awesome jacket, but would have preferred a tighter fit.

Kent Tau

Depending on the model, plus not all jackets are made equally. Same size may have slight difference. I have the predator and wears a M but on other model wear a L.

jjrieger61
    Northeast, SD

After trying on the Blue Ice Armor, cabelas blue guidewear, and striker hardwater bibs(all you same size) it seemed like the striker bibs were a bit looser in the chest than the other two. Also more range in the crotch area when kneeling and moving around, but not baggy and loose. I also wear 2X and the Hardwater bibs were by far the best fitting.

Bruce Keister

Well I got try them on today and went with 2x for both, tried on a xl in the lake effect jacket and it was perfect but the predator in a 2x fir perfect to so there is a little difference in the models sizing wise

Kent Tau

Try it well, depending where you bought it returning it can be difficult. I didn’t like the feel of the hardwater series and returned it, the guys at tb weren’t very happy about it. Tags and everything still on never wored it fishing.

smackemup
    North Metro

I wear xl clothes, went with xxl bibs and xl coat. I usually wear a sweatshirt under my bibs and this gives me a good amount of room to do so. Only wear the jacket when it’s real cold, a lot lately. I love the striker brand, it is top notch. Also i like how you can adjust the pant leg length by probably about six inches so you don’t end up chewing up the bottoms from walking on them. A good buy, spendy but well worth it

I have the climate suit and normally wear large shirts, 34/32 pants. Bibs I needed a medium, jacket I needed an XL. As others have mentioned, try it on as their sizing seems to run a little weird.

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Definitely agree with the sizing differences. I normally wear XL in just about everything. I have the Predator bids in XL and they fit perfectly. And I went with the Climate Jacket also in an XL. Should have went up in size to a 2XL. I normally have a hoodie on so the jacket is tight so I don’t zip it up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.