Shoveling ain’t easy today

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That’s probably the heaviest snow I’ve shoveled in years and slippery as snot.

BE CAREFUL!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This is what they call the “heart attack” snow. Its like shoveling pennies. Doesn’t work very well with the snow blower either, just comes out like ketchup.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I just saw the forecast for Duluth. 15 inches of heavy wet snow. Glad I don’t have to deal with that mess.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I pushed it to the side of the driveway then used the blower to throw it into the yard. It was heavier snow than I wanted to be lifting.

CaptainMusky

Wait until it gets cold and then blow it if possible. This stuff sucks but it sure is perty! Came down like footballs last night, holy buckets.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Remember to help a neighbor on a day like today. There are Many older folks who need a hand.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

How much did you guys get around the metro? 2″ out west of the burbs

JEREMY
    BP

Belle Plaine only about a 1/4″ on my sidewalk when i left for work this morning.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hudson had an inch.

CaptainMusky

North of Sartell we got at least 8 I would guess. Most roads you cannot meet another vehicle on. If they dont get this cleaned off today before the cold sets in the roads will be a disaster the rest of the winter. Its like driving through a plowed field.

Reef W

How much did you guys get around the metro? 2″ out west of the burbs

In Brooklyn Park I only have maybe 1/2″ (at most) of slush. Not enough to do anything about it.

Karry Kyllo

12″ of heavy snow at my place just north of East Grand Forks too. The forecast looks like about 10 more inches by the weekend.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

This is what put my Mom into labor while carrying me. I was almost 3 weeks early cause Dad told her to shovel the sidewalk.

CaptainMusky

This is what put my Mom into labor while carrying me. I was almost 3 weeks early cause Dad told her to shovel the sidewalk.

DAD!!!!!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Mom: It’s time to go!!!
    Dad: Are you already done shoveling?
    Mom: No, my water broke and I’m in labor!
    Dad: So……. Can you finish shoveling while I start the car?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

That’s hilarious POP jester

matt

About 4inches north of Buffalo.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

so who ended up staying in the hospital longer………you or Dad!!!!!! rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Not more than a few flakes here by Pool 4, but everything is glazed with about 1/10 of ice. Quite a few cars in the ditch and most of the area schools are delayed.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I pushed it to the side of the driveway then used the blower to throw it into the yard. It was heavier snow than I wanted to be lifting.

This was my plan, but once I started I realized that one of my shear pins needed replacement, and I didn’t feel like doing that before work. doah

CaptainMusky

so who ended up staying in the hospital longer………you or Dad!!!!!! rotflol

Question is are they still married? LOL

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I just saw the forecast for Duluth. 15 inches of heavy wet snow. Glad I don’t have to deal with that mess.

A fair amount more on the way today as well

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Captain Musky is correct. In Sartell I thing we got around 7-8″ of snow. And heavy snow at that. Took me a fair amount of time to do my driveway and both Neighbors ( Single woman ) As is always the case. I had just got the job done when the plow came by for the 2nd time and filled in the ends again. Fired the blower back up and did them all again. The heavy snow gave the snowblower a good workout, but it did a excellent job. That husqvarna will throw even that wet snow a long ways. Had to be careful and not blow it all the way into the neighbors driveway. Did not want to blow the same snow twice.

tswoboda

Today is the 1 day every few years that I wish I had more than a single stage. We had 6″-8″ of wet crap and the end of driveway was way more than my little snowblower should handle. Still worked great to throw it up on the snowmobile trailer and deck when I was done with the driveway though.

My wife broke her water with our first kid while she was mowing our ~1 acre lawn with a push mower jester

With our twins (16 months later) she drove herself to the hospital because I was at hockey shock

Gitchi Gummi

I live just north of Duluth and I’d say I’ve got roughly 10 inches so far and its still coming down. Hard to tell for sure with how much its blowing and drifting but I already plowed once this morning and its about time to head out and do round #2.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

4″ in Farmtown. Another 1.5 hours hand shoveling before the guys show up.
    Free workout anyway. crazy

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

About an inch here, same as yesterday. Heavy wet heart attack stuff

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We had 5 when I left for work at 3am this morning

CaptainMusky

Another 4 or so inches and still coming down. Looks like its going to snow much of the day with the way the storm is pinwheeling. Kinda odd to watch the radar go SE to NW but that is what happens when were this close to the low. Man this thing is moving slow. If it would be 5 degrees colder we would be under feet of snow. The snow yesterday really compacted. I blew the driveway last night without much hassle, but it is so wet. If the idiots from the apartments block my driveway today their vehicles will be covered in snow by the time I am done with it. Wife couldnt get out yesterday.

Gitchi Gummi

ended up with somewhere around a foot yesterday and woke up this morning to at least another foot in the driveway. blowing and drifting hard to hard to tell exactly how much we got

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.