Shore fishing

• slabz

Hey all, the wife and I will be camping up on the north shore this weekend at lamb’s resort. I originally wasn’t going to pack any fishing stuff but I came to my senses and figured I better(fishing sounds like more fun than hiking)! Anyways how are the shore fishing opportunities up there around this time of year? Are fish still near shore? I am a flatlander so the whole salmon/trout thing is pretty foreign to me..any tackle suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Fish the streams and rivers that dump into superior, believe there is one right next to the resort there. Almost always fish at those feeders.

slabz

Yes it looks like the cross river dumps in right at the resort. I’ll be sure to try there! What should a person be throwing? Jerkbaits, swimbaits, spoons, inline spinners? Thanks for the response!

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Double check the regs. You may need a single hook (aka no treble hooks) for MN Lake Superior tributaries.

slabz

Thanks Tegg, I just looked and you are correct. Only one single pronged hook is allowed on a line.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.