Shimano Calcutta

• Ny
    N Metro

Looking to get a new muskie reel. Trying to decide if I go with the Calcutta B 400 or spend the extra money and go with the Calcutta D 400. What do you guys think? I wouldn’t say I am a die hard muskie fisherman but I go from time to time and I’d like to buy something that is going to last a long time.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I love my calcutta B 400. I have never used the D but I dont think you could go wrong either way honestly.

Ny
    N Metro

Or maybe the Daiwa Lexa 400h

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

I have owned the Shimano Calcutta 400B and currently have the lexa 400H. Both solid reels. Can’t go wrong with either. Only thing with my diawa was the gears were a little whiny so I put some lube on them and it seemed to fix the problem. Sold the calcutta to my brother and the thing is still going strong.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I love my Shimano 400B. Not sure how many years I have had it but it has never failed me. I do take it to the Minnesota Muskie Expo and get it checked regularly by the Shimano guys. Also clean it myself once a season.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Personally any way you want to cut it, I’ve always prefered the “D’s” over the “B’s”. whistling

chased Well someone had to say it! devil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.