Shelter in place order?

• Ripjiggen

How many think this going to happen here in Minnesota. I think it is a real possibility starting next week or the following when the restrictions deadlines are up.

Oh and not looking for a debate on if it is the right thing to do or not.More just curious if you think it will happen. Seems like the Gov is already hinting towards it as it be a real possibility.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I hope not but it certainly is a possibility I suppose.

B-man

There’s a press conference at 1400 today with the MN governor and CDC I’m told.

I’m expecting a SIP order starting tonight

Who’s ready?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think its likely but realize that its not really what it sounds like. You can still leave to go to work (if you are considered essential), go to the store, pharmacy, etc. You can also go outside to exercise, walk the dog, etc, as long as you abide by the social distancing rule too. Its not like the complete lock down you see in some of the European countries right now.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Mapping out the weekend if this happens in Wisconsin.

Attachments:
    1. Weekend.jpg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I think its likely but realize that its not really what it sounds like. You can still leave to go to work (if you are considered essential), go to the store, pharmacy, etc. You can also go outside to exercise, walk the dog, etc, as long as you abide by the social distancing rule too. Its not like the complete lock down you see in some of the European countries right now.

Pretty much what we’re doing already. We are kinda homebodies anyway. Now, if it continues beyond ice out on the local lakes, we’re going to have issues. Wouldn’t be surprised by a SIP order though.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m starting to think the Government is using this whole virus issue as a larger social experiment. I believe they want to test the waters as how far they are able to push their control on people before the people start to push back. I believe a shelter in place order with some restrictions is the point they will start to see a larger amount of pushback from some people. To those who truly believe we still have lots of freedom in this country this may become a major wake up.

Do I believe it will happen. Probably be requested – Will there be A lot of forced enforcement of it – NO. I hope not anyway.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I got second hand info from someone who is married to a sheriff and they are going to order shelter in place.

munchy
    NULL

I got second hand info from someone who is married to a sheriff and they are going to order shelter in place.

In FL or MN?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

If I have to stay here 24/7 with devil “The one who must be obeyed” much longer, I’ll order a shelter delivered and installed to keep her locked in! rotflol rotflol

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’d like to know where in the US Constitution it allows for the government to make such an order?

Anyone?

-J.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m new to this whole “Shelter-In-Place” order. Can someone be held legally responsible if they went fishing completely by themselves without a human closer than a mile away? How would they begin to enforce this? There’s a lot of river that I’d love to visit on my own this weekend (nowhere the dam and crowds). The boat is full of gas, I’ve got my own bait. I literally would not have to interact with another human to make it happen.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

There’s a press conference at 1400 today with the MN governor and CDC I’m told.

I’m expecting a SIP order starting tonight

Who’s ready?

I’ll have my boat in a slip by 1600 if that’s the case.
    Just a 2 block “Jog” from my house.

Locks are open…River Wide Travel!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

More rumors floating around that liquor stores will be closing.

B-man

More rumors floating around that liquor stores will be closing.

More non-essential businesses will close during a SIP

I consider a liquor store essential, but I don’t think the government does….. evil

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Fortunately, in WI booze can be purchased at grocery stores and gas stations. No worries here

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

In FL or MN?

MN

I did see National Guard at the armory here, but it is Friday.

Don’t they sell regular beer in grocery stores now? If they are going to close the liquor stores, they need to make liquor available in the grocery store.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There’s going to be a run on Spotted Cow across the river. And by run, I mean I will be going to buy up a bunch of it during my lunch here in a few minutes.

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

In FL or MN?

MN

I did see National Guard at the armory here, but it is Friday.

Don’t they sell regular beer in grocery stores now? If they are going to close the liquor stores, they need to make liquor available in the grocery store.

Some grocery stores now have liquor stores attached. Unsure if those would need to follow same rules. Drove by a Walmart with an attached liquor store this morning and they had 3 liquor trucks on the curb near the entry. Don’t know if they were bringing in or removing stock however….

Charles

I gave up spotted cow and drank the rest, I had to get coors. I will be ice fishing either way this weekend, oh well.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im guessing it will happen tonight. gotta stop a couple places quick before then im good to go. Primarily the liquor store…

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

This is total BULLSH!T If I want to go fishing I’m going

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I don’t see it happening. Most of the folks on here are from the Midwest where there are hardly any verified cases and our populations are much more spread-out. I would expect high population states to go that route such as Cali (already done), NY, FL etc.

B-man

This is total BULLSH!T If I want to go fishing I’m going

An armed guard at a boat landing will just slow me down a little. Gotta drag their body out of the way for courtesy to the next guy and pick up your casings ya know mrgreen

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If anyone needs ANYTHING from the grocery store I’d get their before a shelter in place order is issued. If that’s announced there will be a mass panic and run on most everything at stores. Just what we need. a ton of people all cramming into grocery stores in a panic to load up on things. This crap is getting more real everyday. I read in California they will be enforcing the order and will be charging people who violate it. They better do a good job of describing no essential

eyeguy507
    SE MN

GREAT……..another run at all the toilet paper

BigWerm
    SW Metro

CA and NY already are I believe. Not sure how they will be enforcing it…

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

I read in California they will be enforcing the order and will be charging people who violate it. They better do a good job of describing no essential

Not what I’ve read at all in terms of enforcement. So far it says police yourselves. They have deemed dispensaries at ‘essential’ so I would say fishing for food or mental health is certainly just as essential if not more.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’d like to know where in the US Constitution it allows for the government to make such an order?

Anyone?

-J.

I could not find anything on shelter in place – But it may fall under order of Martial Law

Martial law on the national level may be declared by Congress or the president. Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 15, of the Constitution, Congress has the power “[t]o provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel Invasions.” Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, of the Constitution declares that “[t]he President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.” Neither constitutional provision includes a direct reference to martial law. However, the Supreme Court has interpreted both to allow the declaration of martial law by the president or Congress. On the state level, a governor may declare martial law within her or his own state. The power to do so usually is granted in the state constitution.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.