Shelter in place order?

• Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    Why isn’t anybody on the news talking about the border wall anymore?

Or legal marijuana, or transgenders, or black lives matter?

But one thing above all has remained consistent in the reporting. I let you guys guess what that might be…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sorry for the misinformation. I thought I’d side on erroring giving you guys a heads up rather than keep it to myself.

Fl now is take out only from restaurants.

Notice the high number of cases are coming from areas of dense population in the country, except Washington which was basically one nursing home.

B-man

Notice the high number of cases are coming from areas of dense population in the country

I don’t think that is a surprise to anyone.

For reference:

Italy isn’t much bigger than Minnesota, but has 11 times as many people

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Also sign language people always get talked about. The facial expressions are part of signing.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

The one Mexico paid for?

milemark_714

It would suck to be living in a multi-unit apartment complex,where your only way to the outside is a hallway.Probably like living in a prison if anyone in that building gets quarantined?

As far as what is said about Italy,those Italians are touchy,feely highly sociable folks.
    And SF,LA and NYC are nothing more than giant petri dishes right now.

As long as they abide by the 6′ rule,I’m fine.To me,12′ is even better.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The one Mexico paid for?

Still consistent. jester

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

The one Mexico paid for?

Via trade deals, yes. You didn’t think they’d actually write a check did you?

Reef W

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

The one Mexico paid for?

Via trade deals, yes. You didn’t think they’d actually write a check did you?

Where did you get that from? Trump said it’s being paid for by “redemption from illegal aliens”

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just think about this: when the virus was exploding in China, the congress Democrats were focused on one thing. Impeachment. And then they had the gall to whine that the President didn’t do more to stop this, after he halted flights coming in from China. All the while calling him racist and xenophobic.

And by the way, it IS ok to call this The Chinese Coronavirus. There is nothing wrong with it in the least and don’t let the same far left media, who actually push Chinese propaganda, make you feel bad for it. Many diseases are named from their geographical origin.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think he actually called it the Chinese virus…

blackbay
    mn

A guy I went to school with joined the Wisconsin Army National Guard reserves after highschool. He’s been “out” for two years now.

He just got called back in for active duty…..

$hit is getting more real every minute.

FWIW

Troops in New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Louisiana and Michigan, among other states, are supporting relief efforts. Their mission includes disinfecting public spaces, distributing food, assisting with transportation and logistical support of health officials, and collecting and delivering samples, the Guard said in a news release.

https://www.nationalguard.mil/Portals/31/Features/2020/COVID-19/Press%20Release%20-%20National%20Guard%20Response%20to%20COVID-19%20-%20March%2018,%202020.pdf

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

Many diseases are named from their geographical origin.

make a list

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

make a list

Zika
    Spanish flu
    Ebola
    West Nile Virus
    Lymes Disease

There are plenty more that are much lesser known as well.

Heres a link to a video where media (mostly CNN) refers to it as the “Wuhan” or “Chinese” coronavirus on several occasions. People only had a problem with it once Trump said it days later. Shocker.. whistling

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/watch-34-times-media-said-wuhan-or-chinese-coronavirus-they-blame-gop

Deleted

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    Notice the high number of cases are coming from areas of dense population in the country

I don’t think that is a surprise to anyone.

For reference:

Italy isn’t much bigger than Minnesota, but has 11 times as many people

Now just imagine open borders dream of the left coming to fruition. There are billions of people in China and India. Can you imagine how fast this country would turn into a third world hellhole if we let anyone and everyone in AND had to provide them with food, shelter & medical? Bye bye America if that happens. They aren’t coming here to contribute, just to take from us. No thanks!

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>phishingruven01 wrote:</div>

make a list

Zika
    Spanish flu
    Ebola
    West Nile Virus
    Lymes Disease

Racist!! devil

munchy
    NULL

make a list

Here I’ll help you with a little research….
    http://www.thefederalist.com/2020/03/13/17-diseases-named-after-places-or-people/

West Nile Virus
    Named after the West Nile District of Uganda discovered in 1937.

Guinea Worm
    Named by European explorers for the Guinea coast of West Africa in the 1600s.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
    Named after the mountain range spreading across western North America first recognized first in 1896 in Idaho.

Lyme Disease
    Named after a large outbreak of the disease occurred in Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut in the 1970s.

Ross River Fever
    Named after a mosquito found to cause the disease in the Ross River of Queensland, Australia by the 1960s. The first major outbreak occurred in 1928.

Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
    Named after its 1940s discovery in Omsk, Russia.

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever
    Named in 1976 for the Ebola River in Zaire located in central Africa.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
    Also known as “camel flu,” MERS was first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and all cases are linked to those who traveled to the Middle Eastern peninsula.

Valley Fever
    Valley Fever earned its nickname from a 1930s outbreak San Joaquin Valley of California, though its first case came from Argentina.

Marburg Virus Disease
    Named after Marburg, Germany in 1967.

Norovirus
    Named after Norwalk, Ohio after an outbreak in 1968.

Zika Fever
    First discovered in 1947 and named after the Zika Forest in Uganda.

Japanese Encephalitis
    Named after its first case in Japan in 1871.

German Measles
    Named after the German doctors who first described it in the 18th century. The disease is also sometimes referred to as “Rubella.”

Spanish Flu
    While the true origins of the Spanish Flu remain unknown, the disease earned its name after Spain began to report deaths from the flu in its newspapers.

Lassa Fever
    Named after the being found in Lassa, Nigeria in 1969.

Legionnaire’s Disease
    Named in 1976 following an outbreak of people contracting the lung infection after attending an American Legion convention in Philadelphia

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Racist!!

Where have you been since 2016?

I support our president, therefore I’m automatically a racist. Havent you scrolled through social media? Or watched CNN? mrgreen

Reef W

I don’t think it’s racist, it’s a ploy to place blame. Everybody called it coronavirus and then covid-19. Why the switch about a week ago? H1N1 was called the swine flu because it came from pigs not the Mexican virus because it was first detected in Mexican people. Did covid-19 come from the Chinese or is that just who it was first detected in?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They can call it pot pie if they want to.

munchy
    NULL

They can call it pot pie if they want to.

There you go offending the stoners! moon

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Some of you fellows should really take a look at how China hid information about this disease, lied about results, refused US help, and even punished their own scientists who tried to speak out. They should be ashamed of themselves and should be held accountable.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Some of you fellows should really take a look at how China hid information about this disease, lied about results, refused US help, and even punished their own scientists who tried to speak out. They should be ashamed of themselves and should be held accountable.

I don’t want this interpreted like i’m arguing your point but…..

I wasn’t in China. I didn’t see anything. I don’t know anybody who saw anything. So any knowledge I would have would be from a Chinese source, say media or a dissident. And I wouldn’t trust that source. To be fair I don’t trust ANY of the sources in this country either. It seems on every subject there is a ax to grind or a profit to be made.You can look all around the internet and there are people who swear this will end soon. Will swear this will be the end of us. Who swear X political party did this that or the other thing. No, it seems to me if I just follow my gut and use a little bit (I don’t have much) common sense I might make it through this.

But, maybe not.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I don’t want this interpreted like i’m arguing your point but…..

I wasn’t in China. I didn’t see anything. I don’t know anybody who saw anything. So any knowledge I would have would be from a Chinese source, say media or a dissident. And I wouldn’t trust that source. To be fair I don’t trust ANY of the sources in this country either. It seems on every subject there is a ax to grind or a profit to be made.You can look all around the internet and there are people who swear this will end soon. Will swear this will be the end of us. Who swear X political party did this that or the other thing. No, it seems to me if I just follow my gut and use a little bit (I don’t have much) common sense I might make it through this.

But, maybe not.

It’s here and it effects everyone, blame means nothing when someone in your circle of trust has the virus. Baton down the hatches and let this pass for the sake of all.

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.