Sheds 1-4 of 2013

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I made it out to pool 2 this past friday with Steve DeZurik and I spent some time field testing the heavier draggin’ jigs for use with plastics. The 1/16th has always been dynamite with livebait and I was excited to see what the 1/8 and 1/4 ounce sizes could produce with paddletails and ringworms.

After this last trip out… I love these things on wingies. Two thumbs up. WAY UP. You can fish them in the nastiest cover on dams and you’ll rarely if ever hang up. And the hook up ratio on fish is excellent. If you like to fish wingies but losing jigs drives you crazy these jigs will definitely cut down on the lost lead.

Blue and black draggin jigs in 1/8 and 1/4 rigged with pro blue or oystershell paddletails have been the best producers of late by far.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

It’s been a SLOWWWWWWW year for me shedding (and not for lack of effort). I’m sitting at 4 sheds and a button buck deadhead. I found a dandy 5pt that is a very young buck (59″) and just found a thick 4pt (65″). To make it even better, my wife walked within 10 yds of the 4pt twice!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Nice finds up untill the last couple of days the snow was to deep to look My son has found a few and will post pics after we start doing some looking around.

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Nice finds up untill the last couple of days the snow was to deep to look

X2

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good stuff. I haven’t been out at all. Maybe this Saturday with Todders.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.