Time to sell sheds

• lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

The shed forum has been a little slow lately so I thought I would post a couple pictures.

Last Wednesday 12 of the local shed hunters in my area got together and sold sheds from this spring. When it was all said and done we sold over 2500lbs of bone. There was a lot of boot leather and sweat that went into finding those. Hard to see them go down the road, . But with a little cash in our pockets and an empty space in the garage we’re already making plans for next spring.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nice. I followed that guy through Iowa a couple years ago I think. I’ll have to try to dig up the pic I took.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you get for sheds?
    By the way, that is one impressive collection of sheds!!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

WOw, and yes.. Need to knoe $$$ per pound.

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

We got $8 per lb for browns, $5 per lb for whites and $1.50 for chalk.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

WOW now thats a pile of sheds Nice

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Lucas, you da man ! That is a pile of sheds ! What do these buyers do with all of them? Furniture, art, sell them? Just crazy that some guys find so many that it actually takes up space in the garage!

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Keep in mind there was 12 guys who contributed to that pile. Most of those guys hunt sheds harder than they actually hunt deer and elk. So there was quite a few who contributed to that pile. Most of us find between 30 and 60 elk sheds a year. Occasionally someone will have a good year and find a few more than that but that’s a good average. It takes a good bit of room to store those, especially if you don’t sell for a year and you have two years worth stacked up. Not to mention the big and/or unique ones that we keep and never sell. The buyer sells most the sheds to the Asians where they grind them up and use them for medicines. The rest they sell to make into furniture and dog chew toys.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

…and dog chew toys.

Outrageously priced dog chews! For the price they charge for those things, I’d have thought you would get paid more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.