Look what I found!

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I’ve never used one before…I may have to check out these “nets” you speak of…

Blue, you mean you never used one successfully on the first swing.

I know, who am I to talk! At least mine was in the dark with a bright light in my face.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Last Saturday, on my way to pick some morels, I happened to look down at the perfect time. I was walking on a field road that I’ve been on a dozen times this year. Keep in mind that the alfalfa/grass is almost high enough to harvest. So I stepped next to what I thought was a deer hoof that had been stomped into the dirt. I kept walking, but let curiosity get the best of me and turned around to dig it out. Lo and behold it turns out to be a fresh shed! It had been snapped off very near the base and angled up to look like a monster spike. I forgot to measure the base, but it’s the same size as the 70″ shed I found earlier this year (different farm). So I gave a traditional ‘WOOO HOOO’ and proceeded to find 6 lbs of morels as well. What a sweet and lucky find!

marsh_monster
    Metro

Now I have a question…Due to the abnormal size of the spike shed, does this mean this deer has potential to grow to trophy caliber?

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I read this as an antler with the same size base as another 70″ shed he found. Most likely broke off and shed the base. Awesome find for sure! Curiosity !

marsh_monster
    Metro

Quote:

I read this as an antler with the same size base as another 70″ shed he found. Most likely broke off and shed the base. Awesome find for sure! Curiosity !

nvrm. It looks like I better read a little closer

coppertop
    Central MN

U had to do a 360, look around and say “No Way!” That is crazy when u sit back and think about it. Congrats!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Quote:

U had to do a 360, look around and say “No Way!” That is crazy when u sit back and think about it. Congrats!

Yes, the stars had to align to find that one. I couldn’t help but think…where is the other piece and what monster snapped it off???

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, the stars had to align to find that one. I couldn’t help but think…where is the other piece and what monster snapped it off???

You the man … Awesome find and hand over some shrooms

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I had a descent year with the morels. Sold 51 lbs and used appx. 14 lbs for sucking up (at work and to neighbors).

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s a cool find and story! Congrats! I hope that’s not the end of the story and we see some more pics of that buck in your hands this fall.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.