Salmon Run

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

When do the Salmon run up the rivers (Two Rivers) in Wisc.? Looking to take the Skeeter over and try for some bigguns’. Thanks

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

By late September they are on their way up the river. Very end of Aug/ 1st week of September usually staging near river mouth

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We have 2 boats headed out the weekend of the 27-28th. Thanks

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Really new at doing this….What pound test do I need to spool up with and do I run J plugs or DD Rapalas? Planning on running combinations of them. What depth are they usually running if we’re trolling in 30 FOW. Do I plan on running at 20′
    ? Should I run Jet divers or don’t need? Do I run flashers? Man this sucks going after something entirely new! Looking forward to it tho…

catmando
    wis

Fishing is fishing, you really don’t know what you have till you get there. Water temp, fish location. You might have to jig or cast, troll with a long lead, or even fish deep because of temp. For me, I would go heavy on spoons and J plugs. 20lb Big game, cheap and strong, Run boards if you have the room. DK.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Ended up not going. Weather was sketchy so we pulled the plug. Now thinking of float fishing the harbors…Do ya think 1st weekend in Oct. is to late to try this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.