More Oddballs from Asia

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

The weather was cooking today but it’s my day off so I’m going fishing anyway.

I caught a few more oddballs to show you all. I can’t recall if I have posted these before. The Dwarf Snakehead is a new one for me though. This is an adult sized Dwarf Snakehead and they have a distinct orange margin along their dorsal and tail fins. That is the dead give away for that species.

Next is a freshwater Pufferfish

And a Freshwater Garfish

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Cool! That mini-gar is crazy lookin’.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Those are some neat fish! That mini gar looks like it could hurt the fingers a bit….

Jami

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve notice a lot of the fish you catch are palm sized. Is this because the fishing pressure is so great over there? Or cuz you are a poor fisherman. KIDDING!! Wondering if this is simply due to the geographical region you are in or some other factor/s?

Thanks again for sharing!!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Keep em coming these are great!

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

If you ever needed a new bobber, just leave one of those little puffers out in the sun ! MAYBE those fish aren’t that small…maybe he has BIG HANDS !

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

I’ve notice a lot of the fish you catch are palm sized. Is this because the fishing pressure is so great over there? Or cuz you are a poor fisherman. KIDDING!! Wondering if this is simply due to the geographical region you are in or some other factor/s?

Thanks again for sharing!!

There is a fair amount of fishing pressure here. It’s kind of hard to compete with the nets that are laying out. However, these 3 species only get about this big. The biggest gar I have ever seen is maybe only 15 inches long (a real trophy). Some of the carp and catfish species get huge though. I have been targeting a Giant Snakehead over 10 lbs. They are out there but it’s kind of like musky fishing for them (the fish of 10,000 casts).

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I always joke with him that his fish need to be bigger than mine to make them look big!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.