Rough start

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Alaska Sea Duck hunt off to a rough start. According to Duluth Airport staff (not all security), the gun case I’ve been flying around the country with for the last 10 years does not meet TSA criteria. They say this despite the fact it’s been meeting TSA criteria without issue for the last 10 years. Wanna bet I don’t have any troubles with getting the guns home in the very same case when we leave Alaska. Highly frustrating that each airport interprets and and enforces the SAME rules differently.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’ve flown with a rifle out of Duluth three times and each time the TSA portion of getting it through was brutal. The second time the TSA guy was arguing with me that the locks HAD to be TSA locks (they’re actually not supposed to be) and I had to get the head of security to prove I was right and allow my case through.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I’ve flown with a rifle out of Duluth three times and each time the TSA portion of getting it through was brutal. The second time the TSA guy was arguing with me that the locks HAD to be TSA locks (they’re actually not supposed to be) and I had to get the head of security to prove I was right and allow my case through.

I’d say Duluth has been my worst experience thus far. Never again. We talked with the local LEO there. He said it is cause they have too much time on their hands.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Delta sucks! They actually broke two of the TSA locks. Not sure if they drug the case behind the luggage car or what.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7702-scaled.jpeg

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Thats a dandy for sure. I’ve had great luck with Delta and firearms, but I always use my own locks, not TSA locks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.