Rock River Fall Fishing

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

What’s up Looks like I’m the only angler taking advantage of this great fishery in the fall. The shore anglers in downtown Fort Atkinson are starting to pick up some nice walleye casting cranks and twister tails. I been starting to pick up some nice fish with Zone-R jigs by Fin-tech tackle Co. and 4″ ringworms by B-fish-N Tackle Co. There’s got to be some other anglers out there fishing out of a boat. Lets hear how your doing, shore anglers or boaters .

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’ll be heading out on the river soon. I’ll listen to the packer game on the radio while I’m catching dinner . Take care all and Good Luck Pack.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Checking out if this is a better view.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Nice saugers Jeff! Im on a dry spell…7 days with no fishing. Wont be able to get out til next week as I am out of town on an errand. Keep em warmed up til I get back! Are you fishing specifically river now or getting on lake too?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

All river Paul, talked to some guys on the phone 5 minutes ago and nothing doing trolling on the lake and they were heading to the river. I’ll be out in about a hour.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Today was tough fishing for the three hours I was out. I saw some nice fish caught from shore anglers and I did manged to get my dinner. Thank god for the K-grub and Zone-R. Guys and Gals it’s only going to get better.

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, hows the bite? looking to get out saturday afternoon. the weathers been too nice for the walleyes to bite. whats the water temp? see any ducks on the river while you been out? probably bring the gun with me..

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ducks all over the place. As far as the walleye bite you hit it right on the head. It’s to nice for walleyes to bite but sooner or later they will start again I would put my money on Saturday will be the day. Hope to see you out Saturday, I’ll be there.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hey Mike…you should know that the walleye put on a command performance for Jeff….when he says bite, the walleye say where, when, and on what… I plan on being there Saturday am, unless the honey-do list puts up a roadblock. Hope to see you guys on the water.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

With water temps back up to 57 degrees the walleyes got lock jaw or they want night crawlers again. Saw night crawlers out tonight so thats telling one thing, I’m changing bait. Did manage to catch this nice cat today but that was it on minnows.

lundmann23
    Franklin

25 to 35 mph winds tomorrow, could be difficult boat control!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

no walleyes at all? might have to wait until cooler weather

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

There’s always a place to get out of the wind.

Quote:

25 to 35 mph winds tomorrow, could be difficult boat control!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

usually where the fish aren’t

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I think I’ve been useing the wrong bait. If you go try crawlers. Yes it has been slow for me the last few times out but I hav’nt tried all the secerts of the Rock yet. If I had a full day I know I would find some eyes. Two or three hours just don’t cut it. Hunting in the morning then might try some fishing.

Quote:

no walleyes at all? might have to wait until cooler weather

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Your looking for excuses not to go. Anytime you get a chance to go fishing just go. You might get a duck

Quote:

usually where the fish aren’t

Don Hanson

Nice looking fish Jeff, I may have to come down that way. The plastic bite up here was going good earlier in the week but then shut down. When the water temp dips into the 30’s it should take off.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

And windy it was!! Got beat up from 7 am till 1pm, saturday, and ended up with 3 hits, and a big skunk in the boat. Then only place to work it slowly, was the holes down from the VFW, Worked the wood and the deeper water thoroughly with jig/minnow, and jig/plastic, and no takers there. The only hits we got were at the holes up from the bypass, but wind was too brutal to try more than a couple passes being pushed upsteam, with the Minnkota set at 70 percent. The mouth was impossible, with white caps blowing well into the river…one drift there was enough for us, before we headed upstream to seek out some calmer waters. but I agree with jeff, that any time you can go fishing, you go, especialy this time of the year. On the good new side, boat traffic was very light, with only one other boat out there that we saw. So put the leftover fatheads in a bucket with aerator, and gonna try to use them up next weekend. Hoping to read some favorable reports by then.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I chose to test floatation on my boat and went onto lake yesterday. Whew, it was windy and wavy. I made two drifts over rock pile. Caught two eyes on first float and nothing on second. I used 1 1/2 bottom bouncers set 1 foot off bottom and a 3 foot leader with crawler harness. I think the drift was too fast, will be doing this again Monday when wind calms some. If nothing else it was a good test of new boat.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I don’t know how you guys stayed on the water. I could hardly stay in a big oak tree with the wind howling. As far as my hunting I saw six bucks and one yearlin and one flash in four days. I think the rule this year should be if you shoot a buck then you get a doe tag, if you shoot a doe then you get a buck tag. Three weeks I got to wait for gun, but have to go out bow hunting to shot a doe before gun season so I don’t have to let that hat rack go by again. And then some how fit in fishing here to

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Thats why I gave up hunting….not enough time to fish!

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Tough day fishing today….one boatside and lost! Newville bridge with knuckleball and half crawler.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Paul did you happen to check the water temp?

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Couldnt check temp…..no electronics in this boat yet. I will try to get it today when out. I think I will go to a three way today with fathead and see what happens.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.