January fish reports

• z-man
    Dousman, WI

Ok, so had to break the ice on the 5000th post milestone, since nobody else did. Any hot bites on the mighty Rock?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Only those I see on youtube that I am watching a lot these days. I want open water!!!!

But then why did I spend the money at Fleet farm on new ice rods and gear to awaken my panfish ice fishing stuff after its 7 year slumber.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Been toying with the idea of getting out on the ice a time or two also, but just can’t seem to get motivated. Figure if I procrastinate long enough, it’ll be time to launch the boat.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

We should set up an ice fishing GTG again. I wouldn’t mind trying some harbor fishing again but don’t have access to any spawn or really know how to go about fishing there but I’m up for meeting somewhere, throw a few tip-ups in and set up a grill and have a few ……. If anyone wants to head out on an inland lake I’ve got plenty of equipment for 2 or 3 others to come along too so I’m game for that too, been fishing Castle Rock the last few weekends but can’t afford to run up there every week so will be trying to get out down here coming up.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I finally got off the couch, packed up and drove to Ripley in Cambridge on the 28th for some ice fishing only to find no place to park because the launch area spots were already full early in the morning. I was considering Red Cedar this Saturday but just saw the post they are having the annual fisheree and parking is limited unless you have a 4WD. With any luck I may try Ripley Sunday afternoon hoping others will drive out on the ice and leave me a spot. If he holds up to his promise, my brother is driving me out on Kosh Saturday to set tip-ups with the kids. If anyone else is interested there’s plenty of room on the ice for more company. My brother also bought a new propane auger so no more hand drilling!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

An ice outing at Racine or Milwaukee harbor would be fun. Didn’t we all elect Diesel to coordinate that?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I saw a post about some guy named Eric doing that.

Don’t know who that is.

I would prefer an inland lake somewhere. Getting some gear together to try Fox lake sometime in the next week or two. Crappie have been good and some getting some eyes.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Diesel, Fox has been a zoo. I guide on there and 9-10″ crappies are abundant. Walleyes this winter has been spotty compared to other years. Mostly due to the unstable weather rolling through every other day.

As for a get together, I’m game. Just need to know when as soon as possible so I don’t book anything. Fox is about 1-1/2 hrs from Racine. Better opportunities than most metro lakes in SE WI. I would enjoy having everyone come up to my back yard if they want to make the hike. Bridges are almost all in on Bago. Again, its a hike to get there, but we can all drive out.

Too bad the ice pack is so dense around the harbors. Stacking all our boats on the discharge at the Oak Creek Power Plant would Rock!!

Ed, I’m leaving and will be on the ice for the next couple days straight. If a date gets set and/or place please give me a call.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Fox is a zoo for sure, went there for first time week or so ago, thought I was at a used car lot by 11am, crappie sure were hitting tho.I’m game for an outing, I got a new Marcum lx-6 and have been playing with it on some small lakes around here. Bago would be cool, always wanted to learn some ins and outs of that lake for ice fishing

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

I too would be down for a trip to ‘bago… Feb 1st and 2nd would be the only bad weekend for me, the rest we could make work. Lets hear what everyone else thinks.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The bays are slowing down on Bago and most of the bite will be off shore. I’m in!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Sounds like great fun to me too. Outdoors, fishing, good company, great snacks – how can you beat that? Since Al already is out first weekend in Feb. How’s the 8th? That’d leave us a couple rain dates if we run into another polar vortex, high winds or a drenching.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

The 8th would work for me, from reports sounds like truck travel is ok all over the lake. I’ve only fished ‘bago on thin ice and was restricted to shallow water, would like to be able to get out on some reefs.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

The 8th may work for me. Gotta check the kid schedule but would love to give it a try.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

8th would work for me.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Going to try to juggle some things to be there.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Post the details on here. Could be a good trip to pre-fish for the battle on Bago..

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I am out. The wife just planned the anniversary dinner.

D

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Anything happening with this? I’m still holding the date, but if it isn’t gonna come together, i have to take the work

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

I was planning on going, who else is able to make it? I will try to get a post up for the GTG before tomorrow morning.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

I’m 50/50 on it right now. Still trying to juggle some things, but will try like heck to join you guys, and put the new Vexilar to use.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.