Rochester area fishing

• ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

I will be in Rochester this weekend and will have time to do some shore fishing. I was wondering if anyone could share some knowledge on any places that are worthwhile? Not looking for spots just general places, thanks in advance!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Lake Zumbro [12 miles] and the public docks at Fisherman’s Inn if you don’t want to wander too far. Do a google or dnr lake search for Lake Zumbro or Fishermans Inn for directions. Foster Lake right in Rochester has trout and can be a good place to waste some time. If you feel adventuresome and have some time on your hands the Mississippi backwaters between Wabasha Minnesota [40 miles and 45 minutes travel] and Nelson Wisconsin have some real nice fishing from shore too.

For Lake Zumbro and the backwaters crappie plastics will work fine. For the trout I’d want some #2 Mepps spinners or a #3 Rapala count down, gold orange or gold black, silver black.

joshkral

check out willow creek in town. You can get up to 100 LM (10-20inchers) in just a few hours this time of year with jigs, small cranks, senkos, spinners.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Lots of people, small body of water. Ain’t a lot of room out there.

cboutdoors

I agree with the Willow Creek Resevoir tip for largemouth. Chester Woods County Park on the east side of Rochester also is a nice spot close to town (there might be a small park entrance fee)

tbrooks11

If your traveling is limited and need to stay in town, try the cascade lakes for bass or silver lake for bass/crappie/perch. Ive had success on most any plastics and raps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.