Line Choices at HOF

• lew
    Kasson, MN

Hey Mike, I don’t know if you saw my original posting about the problems I had with my open face reel that I had in the outdoor gear forum, (see Open Face Reel Rats Nest – How Does This Happen), but I had a number of suggestions to switch to Power Pro 2/10 and the 4/15 superline for my ultralite rig. Do you carry this and what is your recommendation? For my ultalite equipment I have a Gander Mountain Guide Series rig. The advice from you and other notible fishermen on this web site is always welcome.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Lew,

Yes we carry Power Pro line in a variety of sizes. I use 10/2 for most of my reels and really like it!
    Anyone else have any comments?

Good Fishing,
    Mike

davec
    St. Paul MN.

I started useing power pro this year and love everthing about it!!!!!

ron_weltzin
    Rochester, MN

Hey Lew, that is what Mike spooled my new Metaloid 20 with, the Power Pro 10/2 to go along with my new walleye outfit.
    Here are my observations so far only having used it once.
    It spooled on evenly, smooth and silky as mono and comes off quickly and cleanly for a good cast, very little if any stretch, no memory and it cuts through the water faster with less buoyancy than mono as I noticed the crank ran a little deeper alot quicker. Only a couple wind knots, but they came undone easily compared to mono. I also asked Mike about the shelve life of Power Pro. He informed me, that some guys use it past three years if they don’t run low, with no noticeable ill effects. I can also tie my favorite knot with this line. One tiny thing, you are not going to cut this line with your teeth after tying a knot, you need to carry something very sharp in your tackle box. I had a new nail clipper and that seemed to do the job.
    So far, I am happy with it.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the product review and tip Ron. See what happens when you turn a guy loose on the fish with a really neat new rod and reel combo from Hooked On Fishing. He learns alot the first time out with quality equipement. Now the fish are really in for trouble.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.