River Species Information

• MN DNR Fisheries – Lake City
    Lake CIty, MN

As a member of the fisheries technical section of the Upper Mississippi River Conservation Committee (UMRCC) I am working with biologists from Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota to update a large document called the UMRCC Fisheries Compendium. The recent question I answered here about potential movement of fish through open dams made me realize that I have not seen any reference to this document on the forum.

The Compendium (~10 yrs between editions) seeks to gather information from state and federal agencies up and down the Mississippi River about individual species and issues in one place.

It can be a daunting read at 264 pages long, but I encourage those that are interested in a particular species or issue to take a look at just that section. There is a good table of contents at the beginning.

Individual species chapters start on pg 89, and the chapter on fish passage through dams begins on pg 216.

As I mentioned we are in the early stages of an update to the document, so we do not yet have a set date for the next edition, but if there is enough interest here I will gladly provide an update when it is available.

The pdf version of the UMRCC Compendium 3rd Edition can be found here: UMRCC Compendium 3rd Edition

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I do like the species list in there….just wish it had more pictures so I could understand )

buschman
    Pool 2

Thanks Nick, I look forward to reading through this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.