Cattin With Dennis

• cattinaddict
    Catfish country

I had the opportunity to go fishing with Dennis on 07/06/2002 with my son who is 9 and friend and had a blast with him. The cats were biting pretty good and caught lots of fish mainly the good eating size.
    I cant say enough good stuff about Dennis, he is a great guy and very knowledgeable fisherman and great with kids, my son is still telling everyone about what a great time we had with him, about all the huge fish he caught and guessing the weights of all the fish lol.
    The accomadations he provides are second to none, far better than hotels and so convienent, just wake up and walk outside and your ready to go cattin again.
    If you have a open day or half day or night and the cats are going crazy give me a call and we will do it again

Thanks again,

Sean, Ryan & David

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Sean,
    You forgot to tell everybody about our fun ride back home when we were done fishing. I hit a log harder than I ever hit one before. I took a propeller right off the prop just as it was starting to rain. We were about three miles from home when this happened, downtream, of coarse. Needless to say, we were drenched when we finally arrived at my landing.

You guys were a blast to fish with and I hope to see you up here again sometime.

Thanks for coming,

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

I see I am not the only guy who has whacked a few props this season. No matter how well a guy knows the river she likes to let ya know you have more to lean. Lots of floating thumpers this year with all the rain thats for sure.

Dennis do you have a recomended local contact or drop off spot in Fargo/Moorhead for prop rebuilding? I am also in need of a few to get rebuilt. If you do post it or drop me a email please, thanks.

I am now on my 3rd prop so far this season, been a bummer at times eh.

Ed

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Ed,
    I bring all my props, that can be repaired, not the ones that are missing whole propeller blades, to Otto’s Welding in Moorhead. They do a great job and are pretty reasonable too.

Did you see the article in the last Catfish Insider about making a cement mold for your prop? I have tried it and it works good on the minor repairs.

Hopefuuly Ed, we will have alot more water for the rest of the summer than we did in the first half of the summer.

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

I will check them out, thanks.

I have not tried the mold yet, I think I will.

This season it hasn’t mattered much if it is high or low water. I have found more then my share of thumpers and rebar. Last season I had only one bad prop and it was a fix at home job, so maybe its catch up time?

Thanks again Dennis,

ED

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.