Recent ice update.

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

Has anyone heard if they are allowing trucks with single axel fishhouses being allowed out on the lake?? I have a buddy that wants to head up mid next week.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

most are letting trucks with wheel houses out.
    they are drawing the line at diesels.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

most are letting trucks with wheel houses out.
    they are drawing the line at diesels.

thanks!!!!!! waytogo

Coletrain27

I was just at morts today. There was a lot of trucks and wheelhouses going out

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ve since heard Hillman’s just today starting to let trucks out

Coletrain27

Drove by the hillmans landing today and there were trucks coming and going it looked like

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

I’m sitting on the ice right now with my son out toward the end of Westwinds road in one of Bearpaw’s houses. As of today Westwinds are only letting out 1/2 tons with houses (single and tandems). No diesels.
    JR’s was letting out any gas truck with any house but no diesels.

Go Spuds

Will be making our 1st trip to red tue-th. Is there any real objective difference between the resorts and whose road we use to get on?

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

How’s the bite?

Noon to 3 yesterday was tough. 3-7 was very good, pulled our limit. 7-10 was slow and then 10 to 1:30am was great. Finally pulled the rattle reels at 1:30 so I could get some sleep.
    Quiet again this morning.

Lots of small perch and one Pout last night. Son got two 20”
    Yesterday for our big fish. Guy in the next house away got a 24.5 and 23. Were on 13” of ice here, other spots have up to 16”. Set lines ha e been best for us.

Staying the night and heading home in the AM, hope for another couple good flurries today yet.

IceManBran

Any update? What were you guys using on set lines? Shiners/fatheads?

Headed up tomorrow morning for a few days.

Coletrain27

was at red last weekend and we really struggled. by sunday the traffic really died down and there was only one house about 300 yards away from us. didnt seem to matter what we used for jigs/spoons/deadsticks/rattle reels and bait. we tried fatheads, rainbows and shiners. anyone have any news or suggestions? was gonna try to make it back up there again this weekend ???

Go Spuds

we were there the 29-1st….we didnt do great but we also did better than a lot of other people we talked to. I gotta imagine Red has taken a pounding-that combined with the constant traffic prob played a role.

That being said-we got 2 jigging. ALL the rest we fantastic quality fish and came on rattle reels and shiners from 1am-5am. We got nothing during the day outside of the 2 on jigs.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.