Ranger trail Jack Issue

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I am not happy with the jack on the trailer. It looks like the wheel is going to snap off the shaft of the jack. I’m sure I can just get another… But I was wondering what other Ranger owners have done to remedy this issue…

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

Dave, I believe your jack is inside the frame behind the winch post? Mine is on the outside of the frame (old style) and I have never had a problem. Don’t know what to tell you. I would call Ranger and see if this is an issue with that style trailer. 800 724 727

I do know that a replacement jack needs to come from Ranger, the bolt holes won’t line up on retail jacks. My experience from my last boat anyway, I wore a jack out on a 681, lack of grease my fault.

mojogunter

There is a bolt above the wheel going up towards the jack that can loosen up and give the wheel all kinds of slack. I would check that and see if it has loosened up.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Yes, do not bother trying to find a different jack, it must come from Ranger…

That being said, I would give Charlie a call, I have worked with him in the past and have been very happy.

PM sent to you also.

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

Charlie X2

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks All !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The guys and gals down at Ranger were so easy to deal with !!! My hats off to them

They sent me right to the warranty department…left a message with them and within a couple hours I have a new jack being sent to my house !!

Thanks you guys for all your help !!

ted-merdan

Reaffirms how well they stand behind their product. With that being said I have tightened the majority of the nuts on the bottom of the jacks (just above the wheel).

Now you iwll have no excues not to get out and use your boat!!!

-ted

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Ted !!!

Have I told you how much I love my Ranger lately ???

Seriously… We need to get together and you can show me how to really operate this rig !!!

She has all the maneuverability as your big rig I drove, in a smaller package…With a neck snapping hole shot and some seriously crazy top end speed (that I don’t think I have found yet)

ted-merdan

more than happy to help you with your top end speed anytime!

Sounds like a good excuse to go catch some fish together!

-ted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.