Ranger angler 1860

• Kyle hulke

I was looking at buying a 2007 ranger angler 1860 with a 150 mercury opti max. I was just wondering if anybody has one or has any opinions on them good or bad thanks.

bclii
    MN/AZ

First year of the 1860. I bought a new one with a Yamaha F150. Heavy boat and with four people and gear, the hole shot was tough. Opti should have more pop. Great boat that I thoroughly enjoyed. I ran it for 4 years.

Jason Bernhardt

I have an 08 1860 with a 150 suzuki on back. I love the boat, it handles well & has plenty of room for fishing 4 people & storage for all my rods & gear. I echo what bclii said about the hole shot with 4 people, by myself or 1 other person (how I fish majority of the time) the hole shot is fantastic. With the suzuki my top speed that i’ve seen is about 46 mph. I’m sure that opti will push the boat around a little better than that.

Tony Hanson

I bought an ’07 new and it has the 150 optimax. Still have it as it has been flawless in the years I’ve owned it. I’ve got around 700 hours on the optimax and the only things I’ve done are routine maintenance. Performance is definitely sensitive to the load you’re carrying. With light fuel and minimal gear, the best I ever saw was 49.9 mph. After adding a kicker, anchor, and a ridiculous amount of gear, more typical top end is 44-46. Hole-shot definitely suffers with added weight, whether gear or people. I’ve tried a number of different props, but the best all around for me and my typical usage has been a 17p rev4. This balances a great hole-shot even with a load, along with great mid-range response, fair top-end, and does well with pulling my kids on tubes. Let me know if there are any specifics you have questions on and I’d be happy to answer.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I bought an ’07 new and it has the 150 optimax. Still have it as it has been flawless in the years I’ve owned it. I’ve got around 700 hours on the optimax and the only things I’ve done are routine maintenance.

X2. 2007 bought in 2008 with less than 50hrs. Close to 700. Solid motor.

-J.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.