Weekend hunt!

• buckmaster

I was never aware either until I first starting getting on that site. I know I talked to a few people this hunting season and they were shooting toe bands on geese. You have to look in the webbing of there feet for them. Kinda cool looking if I don’t say so myself. Yet to come across one though.

For the shotgun………..I had to cobble a few guns, parts, ect….. to build it, but boy it has been worth every minute. I think if I get the shells you mentioned, I should be able to shoot geese at 150-160 yards. Custom made fishermanpepin, cann’t just by this baby at any general story ya know.

buckmaster

Anyone getting out this weekend? Sounds like it is suppose to be another nice weekend. Hoping to get out myself both in the field and on the ice, but I will have to just play it by ear. Good luck to everyone who heads out this weekend.

Report back on Monday!

buckmaster

Anyone getting out this weekend? Sounds like it is suppose to be another nice weekend. Hoping to get out myself both in the field and on the ice, but I will have to just play it by ear. Good luck to everyone who heads out this weekend.

Report back on Monday!

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

My brother and I are going to go in the morning…. caw caw…… boom

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

My brother and I are going to go in the morning…. caw caw…… boom

buckmaster

Did manage to get out this weekend for a short period of time. Hunted Sat. morning till 9, and it started out with a bang. Had a couple family members join me in the journey, but just wish they could hit something and we had more time. We did manage 3 birds, but should of had 5 pretty easy. Guess all in all it was a good time anyways. Attached is a pic of one of the set-ups we used on the day. We also had 2 doz. out on the other side of us and I think that little crowd of birds helped wonders.

Anyone else get into them at all?

buckmaster

Did manage to get out this weekend for a short period of time. Hunted Sat. morning till 9, and it started out with a bang. Had a couple family members join me in the journey, but just wish they could hit something and we had more time. We did manage 3 birds, but should of had 5 pretty easy. Guess all in all it was a good time anyways. Attached is a pic of one of the set-ups we used on the day. We also had 2 doz. out on the other side of us and I think that little crowd of birds helped wonders.

Anyone else get into them at all?

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Nice pic BM! Is that a racoon? I ice fished instead of crowhunting but the wait they bit, I should’ve been crow hunting!

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Nice pic BM! Is that a racoon? I ice fished instead of crowhunting but the wait they bit, I should’ve been crow hunting!

buckmaster

Thanks Duckilr! No, that is just a racoon skin hat is all that we used under our feeding crows. The area where we had this set-up out, we also had 2 dozen crows bunched up on the otherside of a drainage ditch, but we shot all of our crows over the feeding set-up for some reason. Sorry to hear about the pour fishing you had. Best of luck.

buckmaster

Thanks Duckilr! No, that is just a racoon skin hat is all that we used under our feeding crows. The area where we had this set-up out, we also had 2 dozen crows bunched up on the otherside of a drainage ditch, but we shot all of our crows over the feeding set-up for some reason. Sorry to hear about the pour fishing you had. Best of luck.

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.