Question for guys who trailer a SxS and store it in your house garage

• JoeMX1825
    MN

How do you fit the SxS loaded on a trailer under a typical 8′ garage door frame? Are you forced to take the SxS OFF the trailer to get it inside your garage?

CaptainMusky

I’d imagine you cannot have it on the trailer because a typical sxs is over 6 feet tall by itself. Heck I worry about just backing my boat in the garage. The first time I did that my motor hit the top of the frame so I have to lower it to get it in.

Gitchi Gummi

I cannot fit my midsize 570 in my garage (height wise) by 2-3 inches, and that is with about as small of a trailer as I can fit my machine on (a small 2 place floe snowmobile trailer with the small tires).

JoeMX1825
    MN

Deflate the tires rotflol

I’ve actually read that is a legit solution some owners take, i’d obviously like to avoid extra steps…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Pole barn 14’ doors – Drive through. Don’t even disconnect trailer from truck

JoeMX1825
    MN

Pole barn 14’ doors – Drive through. Don’t even disconnect trailer from truck

I’d love that, kinda hard to get approval in a city landscape though (

Ripjiggen

If larger door is not an option guessing it’s coming off the trailer.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe what did you buy ?

I’ve always liked the look & utility of a Yamaha Wolverine, but I store my Grizzly on the trailer in the garage 3rd stall all winter (along with the boat stored) everything fits like Tetris so there’s ZERO chance I could store a SxS off the trailer inside…

CaptainMusky

I’ve always liked the look & utility of a Yamaha Wolverine, but I store my Grizzly on the trailer in the garage 3rd stall all winter (along with the boat stored) everything fits like Tetris so there’s ZERO chance I could store a SxS off the trailer inside…

Could you load the sxs on the trailer once its in the garage? Might require some jockeying, but might be an idea.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If larger door is not an option guessing it’s coming off the trailer.

yup, I was hoping for a miracle solution outside of that idea…my neighbor added 2′ to his 3rd stall door to fit his pontoon on a bunk trailer inside for winter storage, it’s alot of added expense and work and the look isn’t the best…

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Could you load the sxs on the trailer once its in the garage? Might require some jockeying, but might be an idea.

Thought of that, just not possible to angle it in once loaded with the boat already taking up so much space…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I was also wondering if any owners or 3rd party companies came up with a collapsable roll-cage (or flip over like a wakeboard tower) as that would solve the problem..but obviously hurts the roll-cage integrity…

appreciate the replies, I guess i’ll wait on a SxS

welliou

I have a 2019 wolverine on a trailer in my garage all winter. I unload the sxs back it into the garage and reload on the trailer inside the garage. So, I have the sxs and my truck in the garage and the wifes car outside all winter. The end of april the sxs goes north till the end of Nov.

JoeMX1825
    MN

and the wifes car outside all winter

oh you lucky man! that would never fly in my house!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I am not sure what trailer will be coming with the Reeds Ultimate ice machine give away but I am hoping it will fit in a 9’ door when I win it. whistling James, what kind of beer do you like? I want to make sure to have some on hand when you drop off the sxs.

welliou

It probably helps to have been married for over 60 years and the wifes car sits for days w/o moving.

CaptainMusky

oh you lucky man! that would never fly in my house!

My wife parks outside when the boat comes out of storage. -) I need a 3rd stall or a large shed, but I think that is going to wait for our new home.

MX1825

I am not sure what trailer will be coming with the Reeds Ultimate ice machine give away but I am hoping it will fit in a 9’ door when I win it. whistling James, what kind of beer do you like? I want to make sure to have some on hand when you drop off the sxs.

Hey RW that SxS already has a parking space reserved and marked out inside my 30×48 shed. The beer is in the fridge chilling and waiting already. whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Trailer can’t sit out side ?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Enclosed trailer in the driveway is the best option.

Ripjiggen

Hydraulics on the trailer like a 64 Impala. Drop it down with some gold spindle dayton rims. woot

Nodakk

Hydraulics on the trailer like a 64 Impala. Drop it down with some gold spindle dayton rims. woot

Could go with one of those Blackhole trailers that drops down.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.