Power box build

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

anyone here try making a power box? it took me years before i decided it would be a fun accessory to add for fishing or camping or many other activities really. i get free batteries through work so why not. small ammo can that is waterproof $7. switch/usb/volt meter lighter gauge panel $15. banana plug outlet to re charge $3. charge a phone, aqua-vu, run a fan/lighting or many other accesories.

Attachments:
    1. 20220127_205053-scaled.jpg

2. 20220127_205017-scaled.jpg

3. 20220127_204817-scaled.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

I almost jumped on that bandwagon but ended up buying the Dewalt power adapter instead. I carry multiple batteries for my auger anyways, so it was a no-brainer. I can power my lights, charge my phone and run my aerator.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought a power inverter for 25 bucks I can hook to a deep cycle battery or vex battery. Charges my phone or tablets if we camp in the portable it runs my fan. I guess I didn’t get the need for these power box builds when a cheap inverter is the same exact thing for less and can go be hooked to many batteries. No need to build.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Made one probably 6 or 7 years ago when the only power boxes were made by guys in their garages. Mine came out ok. Kind of rough but had a digital voltage meter, dual USB port, 12v plug in, posts for my shelter lights and an external LED.

Certainly doesn’t look as good as the ones now but it has served it’s purpose for awhile.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

yeah they been around a while but I’m bored and i had a couple batteries just laying around collecting dust so had to do something. just a waterproof box with a handle is going to minimize the crap i bring on my trips.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

yeah they been around a while but I’m bored and i had a couple batteries just laying around collecting dust so had to do something. just a waterproof box with a handle is going to minimize the crap i bring on my trips.

Thats a good idea and it looks like a nice build. Very nice keeping all the chargers and such in there as well

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.