Portable Transducer Mounts

• tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Last year I bought a new Helix with SI + GPS capabilities that has directly correlated to me catching way more fishing than I ever did before. The issue is that I go on multiple fishing trips a year with different people and in different boats. I would love to be able to bring my Helix with me onto others boats. I have an extra plastic mount piece for my transducer, just need a way to connect it to the boat without drilling any holes. Looking to avoid a suction cup mount. Anybody ever own or use one of the portable transducer mounts on the market? A few choices to choose from, looking for recommendations!

Thank you

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Years ago I had one that clamped onto the boat. I’ll take a look around when I get home. If I find it you can have it.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Screw it to a vertical 1×4 board. C-clamp the board to the transom. Tie a safety cord to the board and the boat.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have this portable mount that’s really quite solid when screwed down on a gunwale or a transom. The transducer mount itself can be hung right on the pvc tube at the bottom of the adjustable rod and the locator base can be added right to the top of the clamp frame. Its pretty heavy duty. I used it for years on a square-sterned canoe. If you want to drive down for it tbro16 you can have it. Actually anyone in the Rochester area that wants it can have it, just speak out for it and I’ll hold it for you.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1955.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Screw it to a vertical 1×4 board. C-clamp the board to the transom. Tie a safety cord to the board and the boat.

X2

I used a piece of maple flooring for my old old boat.

404 ERROR
    MN

Glad you want to avoid suction cups…I had one pop off while under load (20mph), hit the prop and sent it flying through the air on Sunday. Luckily it only hit the mount and didn’t damage the transducer. It also hit me in the back of the head…

I’ll be making a clamp style this week, as I also put it on my canoe occasionally.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Glad you want to avoid suction cups…I had one pop off while under load (20mph), hit the prop and sent it flying through the air on Sunday. Luckily it only hit the mount and didn’t damage the transducer. It also hit me in the back of the head…

I’ll be making a clamp style this week, as I also put it on my canoe occasionally.

Alrighty, my suction cup’s days are numbered. rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Found it. All metal construction. Flips up to stow while running. 100% portable.

Whoever wants it hollar.

Attachments:
    1. 5D38C894-CFCF-4CBF-B965-2A15EDA034A6.jpeg

2. 9DA10CAB-4D5A-484F-8E55-12C65422EDF6.jpeg

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Here’s mine, thrown together tonight from some pieces of a broken old transom-mount minn Kota.

Attachments:
    1. 0BE1F36D-DAB0-4ECC-BFCF-91B2B993B2AF.jpeg

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Appreciate all of the responses! Thank you for the offer Dutchboy. Turns out my dad had the same Lindy bracket as that. Used it for the week and the only issue is that the transducer didn’t get low enough in the water for me to use my SI the side the motor was on.

Pool2fool, that’s borderline genius. Thanks for the idea!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.