What color j-head used with ringworms!!!!!!!!

• tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Does color seem to matter for combination when using jigheads/ringworms? What color combos are the best for vertical fishing in deep water 15-28 ft.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Doesn’t seem to really matter. I used black and green and a bright yellow……as far as you can get from opposites. They all worked.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

what color seems to work best for fisherman. i read that purple with the white tail has been good. do people use stinger hooks with ringworms. thats a lot of tail hanging

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

We used them last friday and did pretty well.
    No stinger. When they’ld hit they would hit hard!!!!!!
    I used green and orange jigs. 1/4 oz in size.
    Good Luck

John
    West Liberty, Iowa

I find that there are days when about any color combo will work. And I have gone to complete opposites jig/tail color when nothing else will work. As for jig color-I keep as many unpainted as painted. I like to keep an open mind, when everything is slow, I’ll put on the weirdest color combo I can dig out of the tackle box and throw it at them. I don’t write down any results but, light pink w/flakes (I think it may be close to crawdad) works well, as does pumkin. The biggest problem I have-there are tooo many colors in my tackle box, but that’s the fun of try’in.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

thanks, were you catching them deep. good luck this weekend…

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

john i see your from west liberty. im from marion. do u fish redwing a lot or do u stay close to home. redwing is a great place but 4hrs is a long hall for just the weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.