Hooked this on a wingdam

• fishdale

Fishing Pool2 today and I hook some line and I pull this setup up with a small sheephead attached. Not sure how the picture will show up so I will run it down going right to left.

1) Sheephead
    2) big hook
    3) Some sort of yellow piece of tube
    4) Beads
    5) Big spinner (other side is green and yellow)
    6) red Wood bobber with stopper (this will not slide and is set next to the big spiner)
    7) This is all held together on 2 feet of what seems to be 100 LB leader wire.
    8) 2 feet of leader wire must not have been enought as there is another 1 foot leader attached to this.

The 1 foot leader is then tied to what looks like 8lb test mono.

Not sure if the sheephead was bait or got hooked when it ate the bait.

thegun
    mn

Looks like BK been out!

starvin pilgrim

That looks a bait set up that guy on River Monsters would use.

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

sweet i found somthing like that in the red cedar river.last spring but it didnt have the sheepshead on it

BBKK
    IA

Take the bobber off there and you have a very good minnow trolling rig for walleye and white bass. I would assume the guy didnt have any rig floats so he used the bobber.

The heavy wire is for abrasion resistance when trolling the rock wingdams.

I guess what I’m saying is, aside from the bobber, that is a common rig used for walleye on the river.

I’d be willing to bet the sheep hit the minnow that was on the rig after the guy got snagged and broke it off.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Take the bobber off there and you have a very good minnow trolling rig for walleye and white bass. I would assume the guy didnt have any rig floats so he used the bobber.

I guess what I’m saying is, aside from the bobber, that is a common rig used for walleye on the river.

I’d be willing to bet the sheep hit the minnow that was on the rig after the guy got snagged and broke it off.

ummm….yeah. I think you’ve been had.

you almost had me too fish.

jp

fishdale

Quote:

Yeah the bobber is the really weird part. That and the fact that the bobber looks like it is from the 1950’s. Also no sinkers but they could have been attached to the line but then the abrasive resistance of the leader would not make sense.

The spinner is also bigger then I have ever seen on a live bait rig. Kind of weird hooking this on April fools day but I promise this is how I pulled it off the bottom this morning.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Looks like BK been out!

NO WAY.! BK would have had the sheephead for lunch. …rrr

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

jp

I think YOU have been had

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

jp

I think YOU have been had

I think you’re right but I still can’t believe that crazy looking thing! It must be 50 yrs old.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.