Pool 2 – Weekend Results?

• beno
    St. Paul

How did everyone fair this weekend? There were a number of boats on the water and I’m hoping others boated more fish than we did! We fished a number of areas from 494 up to the dam with limited success. With most of our action coming from vertical jigging by the dam.
    Has anyone found some active fish?

BShimp
    Hudson, WI

I focused on the confluence to the dam. Started Saturday around 7 and spent about an hour at the confluence. Tried jig/minnow, sonars and cranks but didn’t get bit. Saw only on other boat and they didn’t do anything either. Ran up to West gate marina and dragged lindy w/ fathead, jig and minnow and jig w/ shad body. Still nothing. Ran to the dam and fished about 100 – 200 yards downstream of the locks adjacent to the island. had steady action from 9-10, my partner wasn’t prepared for the wind and chilly morning so we left at 10 (next time he swims home!). Nothing big, 11″-18″ but at least put a pattern together. Lindy w/ 12″ leader to #6 orange or green hook w/ fathead. My partner stuck with a jig and didn’t get a bite. A few fish wacked the baits but between the wind and current the rod just got a little heavy and then the fish were there. 15′ seemed to be the depth and the fish were in one specific spot. I only caught fish if I was moving downstream. There was two other boats there when we left at 10 and the action looked pretty slow for them.

I was hoping to fish adject to the Minnehaha in slack water but never got the chance. I’ll be out again Friday.

beno
    St. Paul

Sounds like you were a bit more successful than us. We have been out in the afternoon/evening. Maybe we should switch it up. I’ll give it another go on Saturday.
    Let me know how you do on Friday.

tpntp

Nice report, BShrimp.

Ty for the fyi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.