Pool 3 & Q

• Ron S

Back down to Pool 3, 1:00 6:30 P.M. Not much luck (or skill ) on my part.
    Water temp 67 to 68 Clarity about 10″. Only managed couple small cats and a white bass. I saw what looked like GOBS AND GOBS OF bait on the Humminbird.

I was dragging a draggin jig & crawler and also tried Blade Baits but the River Gods relieved me of my meager supply in approx. 100′.

The Q. I have the side image screen split. One side looking left and right, the other in a standard flasher mode. I have noticed on the flasher view what I always thought was a secondary echo / image ? that runs about two feet over the actual bottom based on the digital depth readout. I do not see this on the side image portion of the screen.

Yesterday it was really pronounced. The bottom of this image pretty much tracked what I perceive to be the bottom but the top was very irregular and did not match such as a parallel image. There were humps and brighter orange blobs in it. Sometimes the upper image went all the way down to what I think is actual bottom. Still on my learning curve with this. Does anyone have anyone ideas what I am looking at ? I thought lots of bait but the strings were a near constant.

Sorry no screen shot as not sure how to accomplish that.

Thanks ( can’t get back to this till tomorrow)

brad-o
    Mankato

I notice the samething on Pepin. I caught some 3-5 inch whitebass. I think that these whitebass are YOY

Ron S

Thanks Brad I hope your right on the White Bass. Have not seen much of them on P 3. I did browse the Humminbird site but did not find anything out re those long strings of signals apprx 2′ off the bottom.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.