Pike replica

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I caught a 45 inch pike at the take a vet fishing day and am thinking about a replica! Got a few pictures any ideas on cost and a taxidermist? Thanks in advance

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Lotta options….depends on how much you want to spend.

I had a replica made through King Sailfish mounts in Florida. Had it in a couple weeks and the cost was good. It’s for my office so I wasn’t concerned with a perfect replica but it looks great and the price was right.

michael keehr

10 to 15 dollars an inch depending on who and when you book some run specials at sports shows. do you like flat colored mounts or gloss mounts. artistic anglers out of Duluth is good. as are lax and fittante. I’m sure there are more.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Holy smokes a 45” pool4 pike this I’d love to see bow bow

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Holy smokes a 45” pool4 <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike this I’d love to see bow bow

Really? Man I was there that day that would have been something to see. Must have came from up by the dam. Any pics to post? That’s a monster pike

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I will get a picture on here possibly tonight

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I will try to get a picture that Pike on here tonight

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

I heard rumors of this fish. I would love a couple of pics if you wouldn’t mind sharing. congratulations on a giant. There are a few more cruising in there as I type.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Chris there is a picture in the Mississippi River – General Discussion area of the site

45 in. pike pool 4

Doug Sponseller
    Houghton Lake, Michigan

I have a pike and a Muskie done by Fittante Taxidermy. He does excellent work and mine was finished when he told me it would be done. I would use him again—- for sure.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

I caught a 42 inch northern on Mille Lacs about 30 years ago through the ice, I was tagged so I took the number and released it. At that time Artistic Anglers in Duluth were one of the few freshwater guys making replica’s. I called them up and ordered one from at that time a limited choice of styles. The first question they asked is “where did you catch it?” I told them Mille Lacs but asked them why the question as I had no picture. He said that they were familiar with the various color phases of the pike depending on where it was caught. Still have it and it looks as good as new today as it did when I first got it. I wish I could say the same for my skin mount walleye.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.