Clinton Lake Crappies

• CrappieChatt

Fishers, the crappies went VERY shallow this last week. They are in less than 4ft. VERY agressive too. Find them by tree stumps anywhere. Best color was blue/chartruse with crappie nibble. Long poles dipping, best tactic. <*)}}}><

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the report CC. The best crappie fishing I have ever done was in the spring at Perry. We made and annual trip down there for a lot of years. I can remember one year I don’t think we caught a single one under 12 inches.

CrappieChatt

Yes, the winter of ’92 was the best that lake has ever been. Must of been 10s of thousands taken out. It has suffered ever since. The floods of ’93 and again in 95 hurt it too. They have done some serious work getting some shallow cover back in the last 3 years and lowered the creel limit to 20. It is on the rebound and should produce those sizes again. Very busy lake in the summer with skiers and ‘lake lice’. Glad to see them gone for a while. I have a summer tactic that has produced some of the largest crappies I have ever taken in the hottest of temps. 3 weeks ago I was filmed on the Mid-West Crappie TV show hosted by Russ Baily showing just how I do it. It will show on the Sportsman Chanel in late Feb. or early March. Be sure to check it out!! <*)}}}><

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thats awsome!!! I’ll keep an eye out for that to show!!!

walleye4
    On the Water

I know that secret tactic too! I won’t give it away Chatt. That is at least til I get down there and have you show me how to do it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.