Pepin 7/5 & 8

• Ron S

Really new to this so excuse mistakes. I was at Hoksala (sp) Sat good variety but no size Silvers Perch shorty eye, 1 decent crappie and a few demented saugers that were no bigger than my lures. Tue was just a boat ride and and I took the hint when the turkey vultures started circling me.

I t sure seems quiet here I don’t know if I am lost in the new system but sure miss the banter we used to have. I never posted before as I did not want to display my lack of river knowledge, but it is so quiet I thought I’d try it and see if I can hear my echo.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Never worry about a lack of knowledge. We’ve all got to start somewhere. I think it may take awhile for the site to catch back up with everyone. That plus the super high water is keeping people from putting time on the water to report about. With the water falling and the no wake lifted I would expect people with start meandering back shortly.

shockers
    Rochester

As Redneck said, don’t worry about being a rookie. I’m still a rookie and I’ve been trying to figure out the river for several years. I launched out of Hoksila Sunday morning and fished till about 2. Didn’t really have much luck, other than one nice eye and one smallish sauger. And several tiny demented saugers as you said. And of course many sheepshead (and one acrobatic bass).

It was certainly fishable, though still high. Still a bit muddy but seemed like it was getting better from previous days. Hopefully it continues to clear up a bit and the bite picks up for rookies like us. I’m gonna try getting out tomorrow and maybe this weekend and will post if I have any luck. Also check out a previous post from Mike from a few days ago that had some good tips I thought.

Regarding the new site…well, I must admit I’ve used the site less than I used to, but I’ve been forcing myself to try and get readjusted to it. Everything (other than my iPhone) seems to pretty much work with the site. I just am not a fan of some of the redesign components yet. But that could likely improve as bugs are worked out/fixed over coming weeks.

I’d be curious what the traffic data is showing in terms of site usage.

Ron S

Thanks I hope things pick up. Between trying to learn this site, my side imaging and a smart phone that does not understand me I’m a bit challenged in the techi dept. Just reviewed S I tips and an all fired up to get back down there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.