Panoptix transducer mount?

• Mark Wilson

I have the Garmin ice mount for the PS22-TR, but I think that it is too cumbersome to deal with until the ice is over 12” think. Any less cumbersome options? I’m thinking of making a simple PVC “T” to use during early ice.

Also, I’m fishing for crappie in a 6” hole. I’ve pretty much resigned myself that I will need to drill a dedicated hole for the transducer (double the work), but I’m curious if anyone has fished out of a 6” with the transducer?

Thanks,
    Mark

daddy

I fish out of an 8 inch hole, and drill a hole in between my buddy and I. We both use my panoptix screen. He leaves his Vex at home. It still works great in a separate hole. I’m totally fine with fishing like that. Set it and forget it.

Randy Winn

I fish out of an 8 inch hole, and drill a hole in between my buddy and I. We both use my panoptix screen. He leaves his Vex at home. It still works great in a separate hole. I’m totally fine with fishing like that. Set it and forget it.

I do the same, if I’m fishing alone I still drill3 holes and put the transducer in the middle. It’s too easy for a fish to wrap the line around the transducer and pole to try to fish out of the same hole that your transducer is in. The only time I fish through the transducer hole is when I’m out searching for fish, when I find some I’ll drop a jig down the same hole at first to see how they react or verify what they are.

Randy Winn

I do the same, if I’m fishing alone I still drill 3 holes and put the transducer in the middle. It’s too easy for a fish to wrap the line around the transducer and pole to try to fish out of the same hole that your transducer is in. The only time I fish through the transducer hole is when I’m out searching for fish, when I find some I’ll drop a jig down the same hole at first to see how they react or verify what they are.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.