Blue gill action

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Pool 10 ….On the west side of Greenmore there is a new tube put under the road for water to be let thru to the lake for winter time oxidation.The gills have moved in there big time.This spot would be great for anyone with kids because of the easy access.There is a parking lot not 20 feet from the tube.Watched a lot of fish being caught there last night.Not a lot of big fish but plenty if you wanted a mess to eat.But I would think if your just out to have fun catching gills that would be a spot to think about for the younger kids.Please keeps your worm cotainers picked up !!! This could be a type of spot that will be good for years to come, lets take care of it.Our kids need a spot like this to get that interest going. Well I hope this helps someone out there .Have a good day.Steve

basspack
    PdC, WI.

Bass bull, thanks for the tip I’ll check it out for my kids. My younger two especially like to get into some fast and furious action or they get bored quickly. Basspack

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

so you are saying you can fish from shore right?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thats right buddy !!

Right down the road from the North Ambrough Landing on the East side…

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

With the water going up the Bass ,if they aren’t already there should be right behind.

tealtamer

Does a guy need a wisconsin license to fish this spot? and are there any reports on iowa side of river for somewhere to take a kid this weekend from shore? powerplant in lansing doing any good? thanks for any help..tt

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Haven’t fished it myself. But heard that they are getting something of everything there at the power plant. Also Black Hawk Park has been producing.
    Good luck
    Fishing machine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.