3/16/2003 – Mississippi River Pool 2 by Dave Koonce

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

There just wasn’t enough room to put all the pix in that report.

This is one of EFN’s newest members Fishing Machine

She can catch fish with her eyes closed , a pole in one hand and a brat in the other.

see

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Even first time ice fisherman Jeremy Crawford got into his first fish ice fishing…Well done buddy.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The camaraderie was great.

Above is a picture of Blue Fleck on the left, Jeremy Crawford in the center and buzzer on the right

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

BFD…….what can i say……I sure did enjoy your company as usual…Here is BFD with a couple of gills

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Here is a pic of Ken “cagey” Gregory with a real nice bluegill.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Tom “Blue Fleck” Donaldson showing off his prize catch

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Here is the buzzman….Chad “buzzer” Tesar with a crappie

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Hey Hey !!! superdave is here !!! And another nice gill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

A get together just isn’t complete with out a group shot.

From left to right are (back row) Ken Gregory aka: cagey, Jeremy Crawford aka: Jeremy Crawford, Tom Donaldson aka:blue fleck, Steven Hix aka: big fish dude,

(next row) Sally (the fishing machine’s fishing partner), Mary Cristopher aka: fishing machine, Dave ? ak:superdave

(front row) Dave Koonce aka: ecnook , Herb Baily aka:Herb.

missing from the pic is Brian Clower aka: birdman and Chad Tessar aka:buzzer.

Thank you all for a very memorable time. It was great meeting all of you……

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Hey Dave!! Thanks for a good time on the ice. Had fun catching lots of fish, also (dentures). You guys are great. I wanted to stay to the end but us 2 old women had enough. I’d fished everyday except Monday. I’m 68 years young and bowl 4 leagues a week and fish every day I can. Have always been an avid fisherwomen since I can remember. See ya on the river.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

GREAT PIC!!! Thanks for sharing. The pics really tell the story. Thanks Bud, Bill

herb
    6ft under

I just want to add my thanks to ecnook for being such a fine host and the rest of you for showing up. Was great making new friends and renewing aquaintances.
    I wonder if we might have a new convert to the ice fishing scene now that Jeremy can say he got his first bass of the season? The catching wasn’t constant but, who really cared, other than that dude who kept walking around saying “ice fishing sucks”. I think he was just playing out in his mind all the boats he saw at the Lynzville dam.
    Thanks birdman for the donation of ice combos.
    herb

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well at least I got the right forum.

It should be pool 10 not pool 2….

Here is another picture. I like to call this one “Lunch Time”

I have got to use the the Sportsman Multi- Heater/Cooker several time this winter. It is so easy to use, and having a hot lunch out on the ice or water is way nice. If you don’t have one of these babies you should. Ask any of the people out on the ice with me today, or any days I’ve been out and see what they think.

superdave
    NE IA

I’d like to say that I had a great time at the outing, and cant wait for next year. I throw a great big thanks out to Dave for making everything go great. Also a big thanks to bigfishdude and herb for hauling us around. On a day like saturday, when your with a bunch of great people, on a real nice day, and you catch fish, it doesnt get to much better then that!
    P.S.
    I got out yesterday and did a little better, lots and lots of nice gills.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

YES, YES, YES, YES…It was fan-didlydodang-tastic to meet everyone out there on the ice. That was one of the best days I’ve had on the ice….ever. Big fish, new friends, finding Dave’s hotspot,……all PRICELESS! I just hope we can do that on the open water this summer. Thanks to everybody who showed up for making it such a great day.

BF

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I may not be lining up to purchase a Otter Hut. Buy I thoroughly enjoyed myself. A special thanks to everyone who loaned equipment, made lunch, and drug my sorry bum around the river. I really appreciate good people and in your company I was in awe.
    Thanks again. Blue Fleck has forever burned a mental image as “The Great Caledonian.” that I shall not soon forget.
    Thanks again.
    Jc

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

“The Great Caledonian”

How does a guy approach that?
    Can I change my username to it?
    Do I want to?

Lastly this should be my 100th post.
    Is there going to be confetti? How ‘bout a parade?
    Gifts and monetary contributions can be sent to:

“The Great Caledonian”
    1815 Riverview Dr.
    Dresbach MN 55947

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

“The Great Caledonian”

If I am not mistaken it is my belief that Caledonia Scotland is the origin of red hair.
    I am unsure the period however I would assume the early 1700. I am unfamiliar with your heritage but I assume somewhere along the lines there was a little Scottish or Danish based on that little fact. The Caledonians were great fighters as many of the survivors became Vikings. The odd part about this little story is that the Vikings and Scotts did not get along… so call it what you will, My first impression of Blue Fleck is that he would be one hell of a Red Haired Viking! Lmao. Anyway, I would stick to Blue Fleck the correlation can be hard to see.

Now when people ask you about the jigs you use and such, be sure to quote Mike Meyers from Saturday night live. “If it’s not Scottish its Crap!”
    Jc’

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Awww man! This post is too sweet!!! I was thinking about you guys down there (didn’t know there was going to be any ladies!) and what a great time it had to have been! Thanks for putting the pics up so yucks like me can see a good time being had by all!

Jeremy……………you want the Otter…………don’t you!?!?!

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to meet up with all of you this summer at the FTR GTG………..or sooner!

Thanks again for sharing………….this post is too cool!

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

The Sportsman Multi Cooker/Heater really impressed me. I’ve grilled brats and burgers on the ice before with a mini-grill and after seeing the Multi-Cooker in action I know that I’ll be using one next year. Thanks Dave for being such a good host, Herb for the ride back, and everyone else for being the great crew that you were. I think I should have “got sick” so I wouldn’t have had to leave so soon. Looking forward to next years bash but I have a feeling we’ll have to plan it a little earlier, we couldn’t be lucky enough to have ice in mid March next year could we?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Sure, pickin’ on the red head. I see how you are. I didn’t quite notice it at first. I had to go back and look twice. TOO FUNNY! At least I can say I stand out from the pack.

Thanks James

I’ll see you in April.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Check our your membership listing….

herb
    6ft under

Too Cool!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Every once in awhile someone earns a unique title. This is one of those times. I hope you like it. I thinks it’s awesome and it didn’t take you guys too long to spot it either!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this. Little things like that make this website so special. I’ve only been a registered user for about 5 months and feel right @ home here. That is the best feeling in the world. Thanks to everybody for making this website so great and allowing me to meet such wonderful people.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.