Haville slough/Bagley info

• teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

I went today down to Bagley from about 1:30 pm-5:30pm. Lots of cars, lots of fish to be caught, not many big though. Never went to a hole that I didn’t catch a fish in, of course they were mostly 3-6 inch gills and bass, lots of them. I probably caught 50 gills and 30 bass, only kept 9 gills and 1 10 1/2 inch crappie. Wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t that great either…

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Vexilar, I fished the same area Thursday with similiar results, the bigger fish are just not cooperating yet. I think it’s going to take a little more warmer weather to get the crappie bite going again. I’m planning on fishing it again tomorrow, I’ll post on how it goes.

superdave
    NE IA

Good to hear you guys are getting out, hopefully I can hit ambro on sunday and get some crappies. Im gonna bring the sled or 4 wheeler to, stay mobile, and hopefully get a few.
    Dave

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Looks like the weatherman has put the kaybosh on the warm weather starting tomorrow.

I’m still hoping to get up there at least one more time before the ice is gone, so hopefully it won’t just snap into spring & leave me all wet (literally).

redman
    Marion Iowa

Birdman
    If you are down near Cassville could you do me a favor and check and see if the boat ramp is open by either of the power plants as I was up their last week and it was getting close to getting a boat in but needed a few more warm days and I want to try for some walleye by the upper plant.

Thanks
    Redman

redman
    Marion Iowa

Well did you use the lawn mower and get out today or not? I just got back from Dubuqe had a good time but did not fish.I did see a guy out in the middle of the river south of bridge going to wisconsin and he was ten feet from open water no thanks!

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Fished Haville today(Saturday), the bite was real slow most of the morning and early afternoon. Later in the afternoon the bite picked up some. The majority of fish caught were bluegills, I saw very few keeper crappies caught today. The bluegills kept ranged from around 7″ up to 8 1/2 inches. Most fish I caught came on glowbugs, although I talked to others who had success with Marmookas and chartuse rockers.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

It was, by a good way, the worst day of fishing in probably two years for me.

Let’s hope things improve, or else I’m better off weeding the garden.

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

The fish that I caught on friday were caught on a candycane rocker, and other people were catchin fish on purple rockers. The only crappies I saw being caught were on dark red rembrandts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.