Packers

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

As I’ve said before, the NFC North is an extremely weak division. The Pack, Vikes, whoever ends up “on top” (hey, somebody has to!) is just the best B team in an A League.

I mean, in all seriousness, does anyone (Packer fan or not) think that the Pack can beat the likes of a New England? If you look at the football that’s being played outside of the NFC North, it’s pretty stark just how vast the difference is between the league-leading teams and what we’ve got around here. Vikes, Lions, Bears, Pack, they all couldn’t team up to carry the jockstraps of the next 4 best teams in the league.

Grouse

tapout

Any body can win on any given Sunday. Just like anybody can get caught in any given fight. Brady goes out its a whole diff ball game. Aron Rogers goes out their out. If Bridgewater doesn’t start trusting his receivers vikes arnt going anywhere but down in the playoffs Peterson can’t carry the vikes on his back. Packers don’t have anybody that can catch. Vikes got alot of good hands but no deep threat cause Bridgewater doesn’t have that development yet.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Defence still wins championships.

tapout

Agreed but u gotta have an NSYNC offense as well

big_g
    Isle, MN

If Dallas, Ny Giants, Jets, Washington, Baltimore, Pittsburgh are “A” teams, then the Vikings are AA… sorry, but I think the NFC North Division is one of the toughest lately… New England can be beat too, they barely squeaked by the Seahawks last SB… I believe some AFC teams look better because there is so much disparity from one team to the next.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Any body can win on any given Sunday. Just like anybody can get caught in any given fight. Brady goes out its a whole diff ball game. Aron Rogers goes out their out. If Bridgewater doesn’t start trusting his receivers vikes arnt going anywhere but down in the playoffs Peterson can’t carry the vikes on his back. Packers don’t have anybody that can catch. Vikes got alot of good hands but no deep threat cause Bridgewater doesn’t have that development yet.

But yet Diggs leads the NFL in 20+ yd receptions

big_g
    Isle, MN

That’s just it, the Vikings are quietly good… AP is leading the NFL in rushing… and in my opinion, he’s not doing very well this year ?:???: The defense has shown some exceptional play… I think our weak link is still at QB, not that Teddy is weak, he needs more time to develop and learn his receivers and their routes. Seems like him and Diggs are coming along nicely shock

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

As I’ve said before, the NFC North is an extremely weak division. The Pack, Vikes, whoever ends up “on top” (hey, somebody has to!) is just the best B team in an A League.

I mean, in all seriousness, does anyone (Packer fan or not) think that the Pack can beat the likes of a New England? If you look at the football that’s being played outside of the NFC North, it’s pretty stark just how vast the difference is between the league-leading teams and what we’ve got around here. Vikes, Lions, Bears, Pack, they all couldn’t team up to carry the jockstraps of the next 4 best teams in the league.

Grouse

If Gronk is now out. I would be willing to take any NFC North team vs N.E. on a neutral field. I think you underestimate the coaching in this division Grouse.

As for whether or not the Vikes and Pack can compete vs an Elite team. We will find out before the playoffs as both the Pack and Vikes play at Arizona.

The Vikes D ain’t no joke.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Next 5 games are going to be tough.Vikes need to win 3 out of the 5 going to maybe come down to the game in Green bay to see who wins this division.

Don’t count out Chicago either they have looked good over the last couple weeks.

Vikes need to get healthy also or at least get some guys back at 80%

Pete S

“Juicy” the Vikes are in 1st place?

after 5 years in a row, the pack decided it was time to let someone else have a turn

LenH
    Wisconsin

neither vikes or packers go anywhere in playoffs.

big_g
    Isle, MN

oh OK… guess your back !!! rotflol

People act like the winner of the SB goes 16-0 regular season… not how it works. Get HOT at the right time, stay away from key injuries, play to your strengths… if anyone thinks a wildcard cannot win the SB… think again.

Jonesy

The packers are certainly frustrating this year. But they are a shanked field goal and a dropped pass away from 9-2. They are Rodgers hitting a wide open Cobb from being 10-1.

I really think getting Montgomery back will help tremendously but that’s yet to be seen. Abby is practicing this week his return helps also. I still think packers win the division. Don’t trust the vikings and their schedule but stranger things have happened.

The league is changing weekly. Arizona had huge injuries this weekend. New England can’t stay healthy. The Bears are looking better, the lions have won 3 straight. Going to be interesting and fun to see what happens.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The packers are certainly frustrating this year. But they are a shanked field goal and a dropped pass away from 9-2. They are Rodgers hitting a wide open Cobb from being 10-1.

Oh!
    So there like every other team in the NFL. rotflol

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Packers….it’s a conspiracy man.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

They pissed me off on Thanksgiving. My daughter’s boyfriend is a Bears fan and I’m rooting for the Pack. They played like crap and Rodgers didn’t play in anyway to make the fans forget who Farve was.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Packers….it’s a conspiracy man.

SSSHHHHH……….Don’t tell them,it’s a secret…. mrgreen

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

As for whether or not the Vikes and Pack can compete vs an Elite team. We will find out before the playoffs as both the Pack and Vikes play at Arizona.

Yes, totally agree, the difference will be on full display.

However… let me just cut off the “moral victory” claims at the pass. AZ will come into both games looking to win without getting beat up or taking injuries, so I can just see it coming when the AZ “only” beats the Vikes or Pack by 7, 10, 14, whatever, they’ll be all the “we could have had them” claims coming out. Bullcookies. AZ is going to play just hard enough to win. The Vikes and the Pack might be able to make them play harder than they would want to, but a close loss is still a loss because the North teams will be playing a full throttle and AZ will be taking a Sunday drive in third gear.

AZ, NE, or any other elite team playing at full throttle will hammer the Vikes, Pack, Bears, whoever. Playoffs are coming soon.

Grouse

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Agreed
    The Packers did it in 2010.
    10-6, snuck in the playoffs and won it all. Could happen again.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I’m not drinking the Leinie’s flavored kool-aid this year, the Pack’s D can’t stop any team with 1/2 a quarterback and a grandmother on crutches for a running back……oh wait!

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t know if I’d say the NFC north is that weak. I mean the NFC East and AFC South are pretty pathetic.

Also, how bad of a loss was ours to the 49ers? They currently sit at -119 point differential, after starting the season +17.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Ya but the big question is. Is Debbie still doing Dallas?????? toast

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

League parity is code for mediocrity.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Yes, totally agree, the difference will be on full display.

However… let me just cut off the “moral victory” claims at the pass. AZ will come into both games looking to win without getting beat up or taking injuries, so I can just see it coming when the AZ “only” beats the Vikes or Pack by 7, 10, 14, whatever, they’ll be all the “we could have had them” claims coming out. Bullcookies. AZ is going to play just hard enough to win. The Vikes and the Pack might be able to make them play harder than they would want to, but a close loss is still a loss because the North teams will be playing a full throttle and AZ will be taking a Sunday drive in third gear.

AZ, NE, or any other elite team playing at full throttle will hammer the Vikes, Pack, Bears, whoever. Playoffs are coming soon.

Grouse

If the Vikes beat the Seabirds this weekend or if the Vikes don’t win and the Cards lose to the Rams then the Cards and Vikes will be playing for the #2 seed. No way the Cards don’t give their best effort if the #2 seed is on the line.

AP has proved he is still capable of going to MVP mode multiple times this season. If Teddy gets locked in like he did last year in December then the Vikes become a very dangerous team. Teddy’s 2nd highest QBR of the season came vs. Atlanta; It could happen.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The North is shaping up as the best division in the league. I will agree the Vikes and Packers are not in the conversation for the BEST team in the league, but really only 2 or 3 teams are. Every team has it’s flaws, and not sure if you saw the Pats this weekend, but they have a ton of issues especially without Gronk. Also, FWIW Peter King has all 4 NFC North Teams in his Top 20 this week: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/01/carolina-panthers-undefeated-cam-newton-offense-nfl-week-12

This week is a good test for the Vikings & Teddy’s ceiling this year imo. The Seaducks have a great front 7, but everyone and their sister has been passing all over their vaunted secondary this year. If Teddy can spread it around, and Charles Johnson, Jarious Wright and Mike Wallace have big numbers collectively, we should be on our way to 9-3. I’m not betting on it, but that will be the determining factor imo.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You guys are amazing.

I would rather fish for walleyes then sit and watch a Packers “game”. Jez!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Ya but the big question is. Is Debbie still doing Dallas??????  :toast:

I think Deb and her personalities are taking a break.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

the pack goes down and green nation mourns the end by questioning the beginning of the new order; the purple and gold dominate the division for the next 10 years….

Being someone that really cannot stand Aaron Rodgers, probably more so than not liking the packers team itself, its been fun watching him land on his butt more often than not during their recent losing skid. The fact of the matter is that the Vikings are a better coached team and their talent is more balanced than the packers. They are rated the #2 defense in the league holding teams to 17.8 points a game, and they have the leading rusher in the league as well as a smart QB that protects the ball mostly and an offensive coordinator that is smarter than most out there. We are a team that is built to win in December. Now whether we will or not is yet to be seen but I think its time that the Vikings get the respect they deserve rather than have excuses thrown at them for why they have “wound up” 8-3

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

the pack goes down and green nation mourns the end by questioning the beginning of the new order; the purple and gold dominate the division for the next 10 years….

Being someone that really cannot stand Aaron Rodgers, probably more so than not liking the packers team itself, its been fun watching him land on his butt more often than not during their recent losing skid. The fact of the matter is that the Vikings are a better coached team and their talent is more balanced than the packers. They are rated the #2 defense in the league holding teams to 17.8 points a game, and they have the leading rusher in the league as well as a smart QB that protects the ball mostly and an offensive coordinator that is smarter than most out there. We are a team that is built to win in December. Now whether we will or not is yet to be seen but I think its time that the Vikings get the respect they deserve rather than have excuses thrown at them for why they have “wound up” 8-3

All hail the mighty vikings bow

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Oh! ohh! I seen the packers have to play Detroit Thursday. Will the pack come out for vengeance or are their wounds (emotional and physical) going to be to much for them?
    Looks like I wont get to see the game, dagnabit!
    Reports say lions wont be wearing those color rush jersies but will the pack be wearing them? If so which team is going to look out of place? devil

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.