Packers

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

In the words of Big G. “Where is everybody?”

G. Do we have to start calling out names? We want to hear everyone’s thoughts on yesterday’s game.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

In the words of Big G – Crickets!
    I love it.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

As much as the Packers have been one of my favorites, I do believe that it makes for far better ‘entertainment’ when not one team is more ‘dominant’ than the others. Probably not that good for ‘marketing’ i.e. Team apparel etc. but better for viewing entertainment?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m not going to rub anyone’s nose in it as it was a bad game for Packer Nation on what should have been a great night. The Favre ceremony was good and seeing B. Starr was pretty cool. Even for this Vikings fan.

While the Pack put it to the Queens last week, over the last 5 weeks, they’ve really struggled. I put the blame on the young receivers. I’ve never seen a team drop so many balls. And while last night you could blame the weather, this has been a trend over the last month. I’ll go as far as saying D. Adams is terrible. Absolutely terrible. Compound that with R. Rogers not knowing how to get open and you have trouble.

What I can’t figure out, whether it’s Starks or Lacy, why they don’t committ to the run game full time this year and on nights like last night. If GB has ground that one out on the backs of Lacy/Starks, I guarantee they would have won.

Now if the Queens can find a way to win in Atlanta!!

ET

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Big G will respond as soon as he gets up from rolling on the floor laughing out loud. rotflol

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Two weeks in a row of lots of penalties called against Packer opponents. As hard as the Packers are trying to lose, the NFL keeps trying to prop them up.

shamus
    Inactive

Two weeks in a row of lots of penalties called against Packer opponents. As hard as the Packers are trying to lose, the NFL keeps trying to prop them up.

They even spotted them 7 points to start the game.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I’ll put some of this on AR’s shoulders. No where near as accurate as he was early on this season (and you can’t blame young WR’s on that…). His interception yesterday was terrible decision making. He just seems a bit off to me…

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

This game was more proof to my theory in the NFL: Put pressure on the QB and you can throw all Vegas odds out the window.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

That interception last night may have appeared an errant throw but come on, these guys are professionals, I thought if Adams had not been bumped off his route that the throw would have been ‘spot on’ and would have been caught by Adams. Just my humble opinion.😓

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

That interception last night may have appeared an errant throw but come on, these guys are professionals, I thought if Adams had not been bumped off his route that the throw would have been ‘spot on’ and would have been caught by Adams. Just my humble opinion.😓

big_g
    Isle, MN

It just goes to prove my point… most teams have let downs (some more than others)… doah I know the Packers played down and the Bears played up… anybody see that Detroit team yesterday…? doah doah doah That’s why they play em tongue I also thought it was pretty cool to see alot of cheese fans, pay homage to the guy who revived their franchise at halftime, he even fired up my Vikings, if only for 1 season. Too bad it was pouring rain for the ceremony.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Big G – way to take the High Road! bow

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Flat out sucked, worst game I can remember seeing in a long time. The officiating was terrible both ways. Holding and pass interference calls that were just not there.

The defense played well enough for them to win but the receivers were terrible. Richards Rodgers is a joke for a tight end and Davante Adams needs to learn how to catch the ball. Lacy’s fumble did not help matters either.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Too bad it was pouring rain for the ceremony

It rained all day here in GB…..
    Along with the wind and cold and the play it was a long night for this guy…..
    It was VERY cool to see Bart though… applause

tapout

They need to bench lacy for good.Starks is a better more well rounded running back.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I can give and I can take it so here goes……
    AR has been sacked and knocked down so much this season that he has that “Sam Bradford deer in the headlights” look. You can see the confidence is not there.
    I know most of the O line is dinged but hey…..they’re professionals. Most linemen are dinged this time of the year.

Davante Adams is by far the most “brick-handed” receiver I’ve seen play for the Pack in many years. As far as James Jones is concerned….there is a reason he wasn’t even the 4th best receiver on the Giants squad. Rodgers made him look good early in the year. Now that AR has lost his confidence, and it’s obvious with his performance, Jones is at best a #4 receiver. Cobb seems to have lost a step or three and his hands have also turned to bricks. The only positive in the whole situation is Janus. He looks somewhat like a young Jordy.

At running back, Eddie “the Pillsbury Doughboy” Lacy needs to be put on a diet. I think his weight is affecting his physical ability. People who make the money he does should be responsible for their physical condition. I can’t believe McCarthy allows him to show up like that.

McCarthy needs to take the playbook back from Clemmens…….PERIOD!!!!

Other than that they looked pretty good. doah I’ll still be cheering for them next week.

OK….bring it on!

big_g
    Isle, MN

If I wrote that.. it would be called “excuses”…. just sayin… cool

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

If I wrote that.. it would be called “excuses”…. just sayin… cool

I prefer “reasons” just sayin…. toast

bigpike

13 minutes and you didnt get a response so its chirp chirp chirp? Rodgers has no one that can get open. The are calling the packers for anything resembling a pick. Nelson is sorely missed. Lacu is starting to deal. We need Montgomery back. Its certainly a dissapointing season when you lose at home to the bears and lions after all the years of dominance. Cant be super bowl contenders every year though the last year they won it they went 10-6 and ran the wild card to the bowl.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ve been a mediocre viking fan at best, but does this make our loss even more embarrassing at this point? Just sayin…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hey Big G – “Juicy” how the refs were so unfair to the Pack? BAHAAHAA!
    I love Karma.
    rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

big_g
    Isle, MN

losing is contagious !!! doah

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

My evaluation of the game last night…

Green Bay Receivers have really lost focus on working on running good hard fast routes, and catching passes. Adams really needs to step up his hands. I will put the interception on Adams lack of hitting that route hard, and allowing the DB to “bump” him off. The only receiver that seems to have decent hands is the new TE Perillo, but he is big and slow so doesn’t have the deep ball potential. The Green Bay recievers need to get back to the fast hard routes they used to run, where all Aaron had to do was put it on the route, and the receiver was there. Losing Nelson sucked early, but the team has all the talent they need to win without him, (no disrespect to Jordy), and I think Rodgers needs to trust his receivers the way he trusted Nelson, but no one is stepping up to be that go to guy.
    The run game looked great. Lacy pounded it ahead, and Starks put more than his fair share of effort in to his carries. The fumble sucked, but wet ball and hit out from behind has that effect. I don’t know why the second half the run game all but went out of the play calling, and I was more than annoyed with that….
    Defensively they showed up on the run, but they consistently allowed ten yard passes out of Cutler. Cutler was not getting hit like he needed to be and the defense was getting left behind and standing still by the short routes where LB/DB’s did not do well handing off coverage….
    I don’t know what kind of fire needs to be lit under the Green Bay team right now, but someone needs to find it. Rodgers is not leading like he should, and the receivers are not running routes like they need too. If the offense finds its fire, the defense plays better knowing they just have to put it in their teams hands and it’s going to end in 6pts….
    Seeing Favre and Starr was great, that was an awesome tribute to see those two men on the field. The ovation Favre received was well deserved and Starr is one tough guy for gritting his teeth to be there.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I love Karma.
     :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:

SUNDAY is “another” day…….just sayin devil

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    I love Karma.
     :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:  :rotflol:

SUNDAY is “another” day…….just sayin devil

Very true. If the Vikings,who by the way play Atlanta, Arizona and Seattle the next three games lose Sunday the silence of chirp chirp chirp will turn off of Packer way and move down purple avenue. 😨

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

If the Vikings,who by the way play Atlanta, Arizona and Seattle the next three games lose Sunday ……

They didn’t.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If “If’s and But’s” were candy and nuts.. we’d all have a Merry Christmas !!! devil chased toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

“Juicy” the Vikes are in 1st place?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.