Otter T600 cabin

• hamms
    Mn

Anyone else having the black coating coming off like crazy? I might have posted this before but it really bugs me. None of the clam shelters I have owned did this. Every time I set it up there is more coming off. I am careful with my stuff too. I called otter and left a message with troy but got no response. I was also told that they will just have you plasti dip the inside coating again…

red89
    Hudson

Yes, I see a lot of sunlight through mine. Still does the job, but it did bug me when I started noticing it. I am generally very careful with my stuff as well, just seems to flake off at the creases where the material gets folded.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If that were my house I’d be contacting the company. With all the Great reviews for otter floating around on this site I’d think they would take care of the issue.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Common problem unfortunately. The good news is an XT900 or XT1200 won’t have those issues with the quilting, but sucks in the short run!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

It is happening on my Clam as well. It seems that most of the fabrics that have the rubber on the inside are having this issue, most likely the same fabric manufacturer. Something to watch out for and not buy any shack with rubberized coatings.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

How is clam handling these issues for customers?

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Very common problem among all the shelters with the black coating. I believe this was one of the reasons the newer Otters and now some Clams have gone away from it.

Clam handles it pretty much the same way as Otter only recommending a Loctite coating product rather than Plastidip. Both serve the same purpose/function

hamms
    Mn

I sold the house. I couldn’t stand how bad it was getting. Now hunting a good deal.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

I sold the house. I couldn’t stand how bad it was getting. Now hunting a good deal.

Not sure if you have a fleet gem close by but I noticed on their website the other day they had the XT1200 cabin on sale

hamms
    Mn

Ill check it out thanks Zach.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

L and M Fleet has some of the best prices I’ve ever seen. XT650 Lodge for 599.00… Gander Mtn has a price of 799.00… Can u say Mark-Up??

hamms
    Mn

Yeah definitely pays to look around. I have a friend who is selling me his still in the box Otter xt1200 pro cabin with cover, hyfax, and hitch for a great deal. Will be a great house. He has the 900 thermal and it is great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.