West Okoboji 8-3-03

• FishinFrenzy

After getting done working early I decided to go up and try to catch a good night bite with my dad. Got on the water around 7 P.M. Knowing it was a Saturday I wasn’t expecting much as the boat traffic is always terrible. Went to Millers Bay to try to catch some northern and ended up with 4 while my dad caught a small largemouth and eye on a leech. Then headed over to try to catch some smallies. It was still pretty choppy but fished anyway. Caught 2 smallies in 10 min. Then while fishing a slip bobber with a leech on my new ultra light pole I just got for smallies my bobber flies under. I set the hook and wait in anticipation as I know I have on a large fish. After a drag burning fight I finally land the monster 6lb. drum fish. Now its not a smallie like I had hoped but boy what a awesome fight on an ultra light with 6lb. trilene XL. It doesn’t get much more fun then that. Overall not a very productive fishing trip but my dad and I weren’t trying to fish really seriously. Just kinda relax out on the water. Good luck to you all in the future. Tight Lines.

FishinFrenzy

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We thank you for the reports fishinfrenzy. your really are sharing some very good information in these newer forums!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.