West Okoboji 8-1-03

• FishinFrenzy

Got out on the water around 6:30 a.m. or so. It was choppy and surprisely windy for this early and fishing was slow. It calmed down a bit around 7:30 and the fishing picked up. Ended up catching 7 smallies between my partner and I with the biggest only going 15 inches. Had to cut the day short as my partner felt sick though. I do have to give alot of credit and thanks to Ryan Hale. Earlier this year I knew little to nothing about smallie fishing and asked for his help. He was very eager to help me and was extremely nice giving me lots of tips and advice. During my last 3 trips we’ve caught over 20 smallies and had 4 over 15 inches with many 13’s. This is way better then the 1 to 2 smallies I was getting on each trip earlier this year. Ryan’s a great guy, good fishermen, and a good asset to these fishing forums and I’m glad I’ve had the chance to talk fishing with him. It’s definately helped out my smallie fishing. Tight Lines

FishinFrenzy

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks for the kind words Kent, your very welcome.To fellow FTL users,Kent is a outstanding young man who spends alot of his time on the water.It is so nice to see a young man out fishing instead of doing more harmfull things with his time.
    I was on West also this afternoon for a few hours with Cole and Austin(sons).We fished smallies for a little bit and ended up 5 with Cole’s 16.5″ the biggest.We then fished gills off of Hiawatha point and caught 20-30 in a very short time,kept a few for a nice meal.Austin had one that was 8.5″.The gill bite has been very good that last few times I’ve been on the water.Pics to follow.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Here is a pic. of Cole’s smallie!I think it is a neat picture with the flag behind him.
    Ryan Hale

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Great picture Ryan !!

Nice fish Cole

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.